i think i'm pregnant but don't want to stop CD

i asked drs and rang up WW head office.. they both said no.. lol.. which is why i picked SW.. as it is reccomended by the midwifes like.. bit thing.. lol

lol.. thanks though nicki.. =).. x x

Congratulations Kat - when is your baby due?

Please don't put the little one on a diet, because that is what you will be doing. Feed it with lots of healthy food. Plenty of time to diet when you've had the baby, and to be honest, if you breast feed, that is the fastest possible diet you can do. My friend went from a size 18, pre-pregnancy, to a size 12, immediately after the birth of her daughter, just by breast-feeding and eating heathily in a matter of weeks. Never seen a transformation like it.

Hi! I know EXACTLY how you feel about CD and pregnancy! I have lost 4 stones with CD, then about a stone away from my ideal weight I discovered I was pregnant. I spoke to GP, midwife and surfed the net for info on how to proceed. All sources said the same: stop using CD while pregnant. I also read somewhere (forget where) that mum being in ketosis can harm baby's brain development. Please correct me if I am wrong in this.
Then I thought of following WW while pregnant, after all, it is all healthy eating and no junk, exactly what all pregnancy literature recommends. I went to WW meetings to ask for advice, and they told me to come back to them after the birth. I felt so let down, I even rung their help number to get some answers. I just couldn't understand why I couldn't follow their diet? I still don't understand.
So this is what happened: I was careful about not eating sweets, junk and similar for a while. Some 3 months before birth I lost the plot. I was big, I was miserable about the fact that I was big and I started to eat. And boy did I eat! I ate like I had kittens (6 of them).
Result: I gained almost all the weight back. I had problems getting around, walking, sleeping etc. If ONLY I didn't eat like it was an Olympic sport towards the end all would be fine. But...
So, the conclusion is this: I see no reason why you can't be on WW and gain weight sensibly and slowly (as you need to gain weight while pregnant).
My baby is 5 mths old now, I have lost 2 1/2 stones so far and have 2 more to go to be where I was prior to getting pregnant.
It sounds awful I know but time has passed very quicky, and I will be back to size 12 by summer which is all I want!
Congrats on your pregnancy, don't eat 10 icecreams in a row (like me) eat healthy stuff and don't worry about it!
Good luck!

thank you again girls. what would i do without this forum and all this support. My CD has confirmed that i simply cannot do CD whilst pregnant so will try and follow SW.

I got really bad morning sickness with other pregnancies and am weirdly hoping i have the same (although if i do i will be moaning about it) as its a good way of avoiding crappy food. also hope i go off junk food and the smell of it again.

thanks girls and i will keep checking in.

good luck to you all

Anje- its so nice hearing from someone in a similar situation. its not the pregnancy thats bothering me but just the thought og giving up control. i really need to teach myself that control lies within me and ineed to tap into it.

Low Gi is a good way of keeping control, eating sensibly but keeping carb and sugar cravings in check.

Good luck with pregnancy .... xxxx

Back