I think Im stating the obvious here but....

andju

I lurve lurve lurve bars
I was thinking,everyone keeps saying youve lost so much weight and you look so different,nope I cant see it.Of course I can feel it in my clothes,am wearing things I havent worn for a good couple of years.
I sat philosophosing over this(as you do!!)and I thought I know the answer,its not my mind playing tricks,its because i see myself every day,you know how if you live with someone they and you dont notice the weight going on,well I think its the same with it coming off.So I think the only way to see it is photos.If its a photo you are actually looking at someone,yes its you but you can actually see you how others see you then.Its like my avatar,when I look in the mirror I see this great big fat face,yet when I look at that it really doesnt look like me,I cant actually see quite the big fat face I see in the mirror.
I think I ned to try this and see if it works!!
Also Ive noticed although of course I have had the odd sort of look when people havent seen me in ages and Ive put weight on,they havent said 'OMG look how much weight youve put on'......yet lose the same amount of weight.......'OMG look how much weight youve lost.'..so actually people that really care and are friends are actually very kind and do worry about your feelings.(having said that members of my family have felt the need to comment when Ive put weight on in the past,but,theyre allowed cos they are family!!)
xx

Photo's are definately one of the best ways to see the difference in yourself, do you not get "Before and After" shots done at your CD meeting?

A LL, the first meeting you have, your LLC takes a Before photo of you from front & side; you don't get to see the pics until you have your After photo's taken at the end of the program, then you get to see both to compare them.

I myself took a personal "before" photo at home the night before I started. I have it set as my Desktop Background on my own PC; a daily reminder as to why I am doing this!

This is why I posted my pics the other day, on a day to day basis i knew i d lost weight but im still me, but looking at my pics the biggers ones arnt me, does that make any sence at all???!!!

Photo's are definately one of the best ways to see the difference in yourself, do you not get "Before and After" shots done at your CD meeting?

A LL, the first meeting you have, your LLC takes a Before photo of you from front & side; you don't get to see the pics until you have your After photo's taken at the end of the program, then you get to see both to compare them.

I myself took a personal "before" photo at home the night before I started. I have it set as my Desktop Background on my own PC; a daily reminder as to why I am doing this!
Hi Pete,yes our cdc has taken before photos we are only 7 weeks into a 12 week course so I think we will have one done at the end.I think Ive got too much time on my hands lol!!I keep analysing everything,I keep dreaming Ive eaten then it started to panic me thinking I must have a MAJOR obsession with food,but,CDC said it is very common ooh the mind it plays some nasty tricks sometimes!!
xx

This is why I posted my pics the other day, on a day to day basis i knew i d lost weight but im still me, but looking at my pics the biggers ones arnt me, does that make any sence at all???!!!
I saw your pics you look so fantastic,I can understand the'Its not me'feeling cant wait for that!!
well done you
xx

Another good way is to keep one item top and bottom of your largest clothes - then try them on periodically - I have size 26 jeans and 24 top - I can now fit in one leg - and my dad and I both fit in the t-shirt - together, with room to spare!!!

Thats a brill idea cant even imagine how it must feel doing that!!
xx

I was interested in what you said about people commenting when you lose weight but not when you put it on.

I totally agree - people are so enthusiastic when they see i've lost weight but never even make a comment when I've put it back on (although they are obviously thinking it)

In a really weird way I wish people would comment when they think i've put on weight and not be so "polite" because at least that way I wouldn't be able to convince myself that "it's not noticable you don't need to do anything about it this week."

No one has made a comment on that fact that I've put on almost 3 stone in the last 2 years but now I've started taking it off little comments have slipped in about how they had noticed (obviously how could they miss it) and were worried I was undoing all my good work but didn't say anything.

This time I've made them swear that they need to say something (although I really hope not to put any weight back on again) - yes it probably will be hurtful and I love them for the fact that they didn't want to hurt me - but hopefully it will be the jolt i need rather than convincing myself that it's really not that noticeable. In a strange way they'll be showing me how much they care by saying something as it would have been better if I'd got the jolt when I was 1 stone over target rather than 3 stone over target

Which brings me to another weird thing - when I put on half a stone I convince myself it's not noticeable but when I lose half a stone I feel gutted if everyone isn't commenting on how much better/healthier i look - go figure!!!

photos are the best way to look back and think about not putting the weight back on its difficult losing it but very easy to put back on x

I think it is a tact thing - when people don't mention you've put on - I think they are trying to spare feelings - it takes a strong person to say - you're putting weight on, and for the person hearing it not to be really offended - whereas "Wow! You've lost weight" is a quick sure fire way to make someone feel better.
I am fortunate to have a mum and some very close friends who will tell me if I am gaining (not that you need it - clothes are a loud voice!!)

Back