"I think you should stop because you look normal now"

I'd definitely agree with you both (Claire & Becky) - I hate it as it makes it appear like it's some kind of competition, I can't understand why these people (especially those closest to you - family & friends) can't want you to be slim, healthy and happy.

When I once told someone close to me that I aimed to get to a size 14 I was told in a snotty voice 'I'm not having that!' because they are a 14/16 - my response was 'ooh are you not' and to laugh but it really was quite hurtful.

oh people like that really make me mad!! well i didnt tell her i doing cd haha so it will be hard to compete with me once i get goin!!! im telling no one at all just you guys :) oh and my bf

Claire - well done for buying the 16s! A nice lady in our group gave me her good quality work trousers in size 14 when she started RtM (I was about a 20 then). I kept trying them every month or so, and the first time I couldn't even get them over my bum! But gradually they fitted better and better and then they just did up - I felt wonderful, and so will you. I couldn't believe how fast it happened, so keep trying them on, and you too will be amazed!

Best of luck - keep it up!

Made me laugh! But seriously, though, even the most well-intentioned can sabotage your good efforts. Now I am under 10 stone and a size 10/12, everyone is asking how I'm enjoying my food. When I say I still have a few more pounds to go, they start presuming that I've gone too far and now I am anorexic!!!! I've explained BMI, fat percentages, and even showed them the fat on my hips (!) but they still keep going on. What doesn't help is that I thought I'd only have 3 more weeks before RTM, but at the (slow) rate my weightloss is going on the last stone, it'll be well into March!

Congrats Claire for what you have acheived so far. Welli done, you must be chuffed going down all those dress sizes. Isn't your Nan sweet? I think most Nan's like to see a bit of " meat" on their grand-daughters, don't ask me why but my Nan and my friend's Nans are the same and my Nan is a size 8/ 10!

Good for not caving to the pressure too. I find my Nans food (almost) irresistable.

Well went in H& M on sat and they do a range of sizes. I bought a few wrap dresses for work (over trousers) and tried on a fushia pink shirt - anyway tried on a 16 and it was tight a bit 2 tight and looked a bit dodgy but still nice - so i thought the 18 would fit so went and got the 18 instead, paid for it and brought it home. tried it on and it was tighter then the 16! my bf said 'your not wearing that to work' i practically had my boobs spilling out jordan style as they where so tightly packed into the shirt! it may have looked sexy if the buttons were not at bursting point around my tum! So im hoping its a error on the label - or guys the mirrors in changing room really do lie !!

P

Peanut I bought 2 pairs of trousers and they were the same make and size, but one was definately smaller than the other.

Went shopping in the NEXT sales and got a pair of size 14, 12 and 10 that all fit me exactly the same. Ignore the labels - they don't know what they're talking about!!

Back