I thought SW online would be different...............

I decided to try something different and join SW online. I've paid for 3 months. I thought (and hoped) I might have some kind of one-to-one with an SW adviser/instructor. But there's nothing like that, so I'm a bit disappointed. I keep having lots of false starts and feel unmotivated and wish I could get focused.

Is anyone else doing SW online and disappointed with it?

I do slimming world online. Initially I was very disappointed that there is no real consultant and there is no way to ask questions, but after a few days I got to get a good look through the articles archive and tbh there is a massive amount of info on it. Its very motivating and everything I have searched for has answered my question. Give it a few days and have a play around with it, hopefully you will find it useful.
Also, they suggest articles for you every few days which is helpful to keep you going through the week.

Another thing I like about it is that its always there. A group meeting is once a week, but with sw online you can log on whenever you feel tempted or struggling and find something useful.

I do miss the group aspect of it, there isnt really much of a celebration when you lose and you dont really get tips from other members, but i'm finding this forum a great help!

I joined SW Online last weekend and it isn't entirely what I had expected, but its so hard to see what you are getting 'upfront', and classes just aren't suitable for me for a number of reasons!

That's partly why I joined here, and also a couple of fb groups for people who aren't going to the classes but are trying to follow the plan...virtual support so far has been fantastic, even from people I only 'met' a couple of days ago, and has helped me to feel a bit more supported and less like I am all on my own! ;)

I definitely think it would be a bonus if the SW Online had a counsellor (not sure that is the right word?!) that you could ask questions of, even if it wasn't 'real time' but over email...friends and online people have been great, but it does make me question whether I am really getting 'value for money' from the online subscription to SW, and I will be thinking hard about whether to continue my subscription after the 3 months, or try to do it without 'official' support! :rolleyes:

Back