I took control

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
I have nearly just caved! feeling a tad hungrier today than normal.
On any diet i do i always rewarded myself with a treat every weigh in day. And as today is a week since i started guess what.... iv the erge to 'treat' myself and usually my treat is food. BUT all i reached for was the asparagus out of the fridge, put it in a pan as i was doing LO's tea and chompped down on the pack aswell as a s&s nougat and honey bar. So today is a 4 pack day unless i can stay away from the 4th pack. Hopefully i can as i go to a friends for a few hours on a tuesday once LO is in bed. BUt im so glad i didnt reach something that would bring me out of ketosis. I did try ringing my partner but he didnt answer his phone cos he was busy. BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ANY DIET I TOOK CONTROL!!! :D So proud of myself cos usually id have eaten a couple bags of crisps.

Good on you hun! That is actually quite a landmark cos I was the same: I'd treat myself with food. I've had to learn to reward myself in other ways now and hope I am developing a more reasonable and "conscious" attitude toward food.

way to go!!! you should be mucho proud of urself :)

Well done!! Should be proud of yourself!! I was always in the habit of that too! Like a chinese on the way home from SW/WW... but it kinda defies the object of it lol!!

x

Yeah me too, seems we were all guilty of it! I used to have a treat if I weighed in and lost weight that week. Well done because it is so hard not to give in, now you have proved you can do it!

Oh well done,,,,that the key to keeping the weight off.....apparently getting it off is the easy part....

Thanks everyone. Same here tara chippy or chinese then spend rest if the week trying to loose what we may have gained. Haha oh dear.

yes bea losing it is the easiest part! Yet we still complain it's hard lol.

I am so proud of myself even more as I didn't need the 4th pack :) I went out come home did some Internet research on where to go on our little uk break made LO's snacks and meals for the childminders today and off I went to bed.

I remember when I was in SW the C telling us the story of a member of another group who 'treated' themselves after weighing in. Long story short in that one 'treat' night a week they would eat over a weeks worth of syns! (You're allowed 15 a day).

I used to treat myself on the way home but usually no more than a shortbread square or packet of crisps or the occasional sausage roll. Think I've been really lucky as since starting this I've never felt the need to treat, I expect it's because I now have a near complete dissociation with food.

You're definitely in the zone now Cherry if you've disassociated yourself with food and you are so going to make it. I can't deal with things like counting syns. It's not something I find I deal with easily. A better, healthier diet and scaled back portion sizes are what I hope will work for me, trying to keep a holistic rather than individual meals or days. I'm in my comfort zone at the moment tho having only to think about packs :)

Back