I vote that we ban.....

Starlight

Gold Member
.... the word cheat on here

To my mind cheating means doing something sneaky which will benefit you and thats not what going off plan means to any of us.

Some of us are lucky and we sail through this VLCDing but lets face it most of us dont. Most of us have a day where we CHOOSE to eat something, but usually we make sensible choices, high in protein, low carbs and it gets us through the day and keeps us well keeps us basically on plan

If I have a piece of plain chicken one night cos Im actually craving a big fat pizza then I dont see that as cheating, I see that as keeping myself on track.

Cheating is far too negative and this diet is blooming hard enough so from now on NO MORE TALK OF CHEATING ;)

Agreed!

I can't like your post as on my itouch! I agree though with every single word!

Yup yup! I can't like the post either as I'm on my iPhone but I agree. I use the words "mess up" when I eat rubbish (biscuits/crisps/bread) but if I have something like tuna or chicken breast ( as I did on Monday ) and nothing else then I still consider that as 100% and a honkable day. XxX

here here i agree well said !!! its a horrible word! besides i thought a boiled egg was wayyyy better than eating the easter eggs up stairs lol

I know I only realised that I use it after reading that infuriating thread and I am truly sorry if I said it to anyone here. I for one won't be using that word again!

You are all doing so well guys :) we should all try and concentrate on how far we have already come (everyone! Even those who have just made the decision to start this very tough but worthwhile diet)

Good luck everyone!!!

PS. I think as we are such a small forum we can all be in that 3% ;D

Totally agree! Altho some things like stuffing yourself with chocolate is maybe a bit of a cheat lol, however your only cheating yourself doing that! If i choose to have a meal at night (which i will do if i feel the need) i wont be thinkin of it as a cheat just because its not a shake im having lol xx

Yeh I totally agree, such a negative word! None of us are cheats we just go a lil off plan every now and then.. And I'd rather do that and learn from my mistakes than just quit!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I probably use that word more than most! not any more! :)

Another word I would like to ban on here is "binge" as well. Such a negative term instead of using the word eating, whats so wrong with eating? :sigh:

Agree - having read this and the other irritating thread and two very tough days I had an egg for breakfast and a shake. Feel much better. I am a success!

Okay not cheat, not lapse but 'sensible' or 'informed' choice...but whos gonna say that??? What about I 'wazood' today? I dont know..its a made up word!! Im going to use it though if i make an informed or sensible choice when or if I add conventional food.

Yep i agree Sandy, it is coming off plan, but i think the problem we have is that many people dont say the word "cheat"...ie "had a cheat today" meaning anything bad. Its just a word they use. Ive used it. What i hate is when its used in a negative way to make other people feel as though they are not doin this correctly. We are all in this for our own reasons, we all have different levels of willpower and not one of us will do this the same as the other.

This is hard enough without feeling bad if you come off plan. Its not the end of the world, it might just take u a bit longer to get to goal. Trust me, im learning the hard way....but im still here to tell the tale and im still trying. However i remember VERY clearly being told last year "youve failed this diet twice, you keep cheating and cant stick to it, try another diet"...from a fellow forum user. No one will have any idea how upset i was by that, and i eventually did think "theyre right i cant do it". Negativity at its best! Were here to support each other. If you slip up u slip up, its not the worst thing in the world if u can pick yourself back up and try again

Also, we got overweight over a long period of time, were not just losing weight, were retraining our brains in the process...we know its not easy but nothing worth having is easy to get....stick at it guys

wow, ive write a book ha!

Last edited:
Yep i agree Sandy, it is coming off plan, but i think the problem we have is that many people dont say the word "cheat"...ie "had a cheat today" meaning anything bad. Its just a word they use. Ive used it. What i hate is when its used in a negative way to make other people feel as though they are not doin this correctly. We are all in this for our own reasons, we all have different levels of willpower and not one of us will do this the same as the other.

This is hard enough without feeling bad if you come off plan. Its not the end of the world, it might just take u a bit longer to get to goal. Trust me, im learning the hard way....but im still here to tell the tale and im still trying. However i remember VERY clearly being told last year "youve failed this diet twice, you keep cheating and cant stick to it, try another diet"...from a fellow forum user. No one will have any idea how upset i was by that, and i eventually did think "theyre right i cant do it". Negativity at its best! Were here to support each other. If you slip up u slip up, its not the worst thing in the world if u can pick yourself back up and try again

Also, we got overweight over a long period of time, were not just losing weight, were retraining our brains in the process...we know its not easy but nothing worth having is easy to get....stick at it guys

wow, ive write a book ha!

Completely agree with what you have said!

Well, I take the word less serious or offensive, it feels like it makes everything feel like a game. Winning, loses, rules, cheats.. You win when you lose and you lose when you win.. :D

Easy as.. child's play isn't it? :D

Well...I just had a small bit of cake and a glass of wine (oldest son's birthday!)

I had two packs today and was doing well! Lost 3lb in 3 days!

As I said on another thread, I made this "Choice", I don't see it as a cheat, and I'm not going to beat myself up. It's not cheating, it's being human and living life too.

I'm not going to have a 3rd pack, just drink another load of water and have a nice bath. Up early for work again, and I always find it so much easier on a working day, so much to do and too little time to feel temptation.

I may not be perfect but I'm a happy chappy.

Technically when we eat off plan it's not actually cheating. We make these food choices because along side this diet we have to have a life, we all have birthdays, weddings and nights out that we can't and don't want to miss. The word cheating is an act where we do something we shouldn't to better our situation. Which when you use the word cheat when we deviate from the plan it implies that we have done something we should not be to better our losses. Well last time I had a night of exante it didn't help my losses lol

Back