I want a boxer puppie, pleaseeeeeeeeee

Ohhh apart from being sooo excited at starting CD soon, i soooooo want a boxer pup, why a boxer?? i don't know i just love them! but the downside is they cost an arm and a leg and as much as i want one i cant afford to buy one :mad::(:mad:

I have almost craved a boxer for the past year, everytime i see one i go all funny inside im a weakling when it comes to them, i think it's official to say i am obssessed with boxer dogs!!!

5 years ago i got a cross breed from the local dog home and he was such a good dog but unfortnatly he died a year ago :(

Being a single mum i cant see myself being able to afford one anytime soon, but i will one day!! ohhhh roll on one day, roll on! lol.

Opppssss sorry for rambling on i get carried away when i talk about boxer dogs :D:D:D

lol. i love boxers too so you can chat to me anytime!!

I have owned 2 boxers in the past. Duke and Bella. They were fantastic dogs and I miss them so much!!
When we were looking for another i decided on a cavalier as they are smaller and less 'bouncy' around the children who are still very young.

There is no doubt though that when the kids are older i'll get another boxer. They are so special to me and are a fantastic breed of dog!!

Have you maybe tried a Boxer rescue? We had one when I was a kid and I remember her as being a big dribbly softy.

Helen, I've got two Cavaliers and wouldn't now have any other breed :D

oh i love boxers -

i had one for my birthday exect he at my dad house and getting old a bit now -

but mine not just a boxer

he mixed with a jack russell!

different they!

sorry can't help with boxer but my dad is selling german sheppards instead! x

Boxers are wonderfull dogs, i have got one, but i did have two, the male Zues died last year of a massive heart attack, he was only six, if you get one, make sure it is heart scored, and get a KC registered one, they are not that expensive to own, i have got a Douge de Borboux ( Turner & Hooch) and he is wonderfull, the most placid dog i have ever owned, except when he goes to the vets:D

These are my reprobates.....

21050603a.jpg

100_0782-1.jpg

Maxx is the 8 yr old tri and Charlie is the 3 yr old Blenheim.

I wouldn't have any other breed now :cool:

Last edited:
Awww those doggie pics are lovely.

I also love boxers and am planning to get a pup in June but just lately the prices have shot up! around £800 for a pup from a decent breeder:eek::eek: not really sure i can afford that amount!! the white ones are around £400 to £500 hundred but i have my heart set on a brindle boxer, sooo it might be a chocolate labrador i get as they are around £500, but boxers are my first love.

Whatever breed you decide to go for can I just give you some advice?

PLEASE don't just go to the kennel club website and pick a breeder from their puppy pages.

The KC have had loads of complaints recently and most of them deservedly so.

If you want a pedigree dog then I would suggest finding the breed club on the net and calling their puppy co-ordinator and having a chat. If there are no pups available then please whatever you do don't just rush out and get one out of the paper - they are usually backyard or puppy farm bred & the health is usually poor.

Remember that not all health conditions will show up until they are getting on in years and so this is why you need to know what sorts of questions to ask - again the breed club will tell you.

If your chosen breed is supposed to be hip scored then make sure you SEE the certificates etc.

Please don't think I am just being stupid here but if you knew of some of the things that so called 'accreddited breeders' can get up to you would just die a thousand deaths.

I myself am dealing with genetic problems with my cavs - one not so bad but one has major health problems and it's not cheap or funny. He was a rescue though and that was the reason I took him - I knew that no one would want to spend the time or money on him :(

Take care and good luck x

Hi Donna,

Thanks for that i have been on epupz and champdogs but to be honest don't know where to go to find a reputable breeder that actually has pups available! most reputable breeders have waiting lists ( wish i had know this a while back i would have put my name on one) and the lists are long!!

Sorry to hear about your little cavi im sure you did the right thing by him by taking him in and giving him a loving home.

Hi Tracie,

Have you tried googling 'boxer club' and seeing the results? It will give you a list of regional clubs. I'd have a look at some get some phone numbers and ring around.

OK so you might have to wait a while but it'll soon go! It took me 18mths to find Maxx but I am so glad I waited for a good breeder & got a good strong, healthy pup.

If you tell me whereabouts in UK you are I could find your local breed club for you.

Otherwise would you consider taking in a rescue? Boxer Rescue - www.boxer-rescue.org.uk

Just found these for you too.....

[SIZE=-1]THE NORTHERN BOXER PUPPYLINE ONLINE (Est. 1997)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]www.sunvalleyboxers.co.uk [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]or click here to email them[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]THE NORTHERN BOXER CLUB PUPPYLINE [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]www.thenorthernboxerclub.co.uk[/SIZE]

ukboxerdogs - UK Boxer Dog Kennel Locations This is a kennel locator - it will tell you where your local breeders are but be prepared to travel for a good pup!​

Last edited:
Two pups available in Redditch, Worcestershire

linsteve.co.uk from Champion parents!

i got 2 beautiful boxer bitches. ruby is 2 and is red and white and rosie is just over 1 and she is a brindle . they are a pair of prats but we love em . they are great with the kids. they open all the post when postie comes and god help us if i leave em in the loubge after father xmas ha been !!!! the kids would have nothing left to open. they are such characters i wouldnt be with out them .

Aww what a lovely thread! I love the doggie pics. I have 3 rescues and I adore them!

A bit of a long winded post from me but PLEASE consider a rescue dog, most of them are there through no fault of their own and i KNOW Boxers are 10 a penny in rescues due to backyard breeders who are soley in it for them money. :mad:

Little poem for you

RESCUE POEM"

Arlene Pace
September 18, 1998

Once I was a lonely dog,
Just looking for a home.
I had no place to go,
No one to call my own.
I wandered up and down the streets,
in rain in heat and snow.
I ate what ever I could find,
I was always on the go.
My skin would itch, my feet were sore,
My body ached with pain.
And no one stopped to give a pat
Or a gently say my name.
I never saw a loving glance,
I was always on the run.
For people thought that hurting me
was really lots of fun.
And then one day I heard a voice
So gentle, kind and sweet,
And arms so soft reached down to me
And took me off my feet.
No one again will hurt you
Was whispered in my ear.
You’ll have a home to call your own
where you will know no fear
You will be dry, you will be warm,
you’ll have enough to eat
And rest assured that when you sleep,
your dreams will all be sweet.
I was afraid I must admit,
I’ve lived so long in fear.
I can’t remember when I let
A human come so near.
And as she tended to my wounds
And bathed and brushed my fur
She told me ‘bout the rescue group
And what it meant to her.
She said, We are a circle,
A line that never ends.
And in the center there is you
protected by new friends.

And all around you are
the ones that check the pounds,
And those that share their home
after you’ve been found.
And all the other folk
are searching near and far.
To find the perfect home for you,
where you can be a star.
She said, There is a family,
that’s waiting patiently,
and pretty soon we’ll find them,
just you wait and see.
And then they’ll join our circle
they’ll help to make it grow,
so there’ll be room for more like you,
who have no place to go.
I waited very patiently,
The days they came and went.
Today’s the day I thought,
my family will be sent.
Then just when I began to think
It wasn’t meant to be,
there were people standing there
just gazing down at me.

I've had boxers on and off since i was little, they are beautiful, wonderful, fun, caring dogs.....we have a 3 year old at the moment called Ricky, he is a little boisterous to say the least but I wouldn't be without him...go for it your life will be better in so many ways!!!! :D

Back