• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starting out all over again

jfc

Hi

I was here a while ago (few years back, too many to remember). Anyway, I am now in the position of needing the help only this place can give. I am 53, menopausal and fat. I have gained quite a lot of weight and whilst I would like to blame it on my hormones I think the real reason is more in my fridge/freezer/larder/mouth/stomach!

So this is day one. I weigh 14 stone..ish, not weighed in as my scales are not working. I was about 13 stone 12 when I last weighed in and have gained a little more since then so I will use 14 stone as my start weight. I want to be 10 stone by Christmas so I need to lose 4 stone in 6 months, the only diet I know that will give those results is a VLCD, having been there before and got the T-Shirt so to speak.

I recently watched a BBC documentary about these meal replacement diets and was impressed that the medical professionals all said the diet had been given a bad press, even saying that people tended to keep to a lower weight after following a VLCD than a traditional diet. I did maintain my weight loss for a long time before regaining after a lot of stress in my life (break up of a 28 year relationship, death of my father, my mum being diagnosed with cancer and alzeimers, she has sadly since died and many other things that had me gain weight and I am ashamed to say, take up smoking at the age of 50) Then there is that other thing...the Menopause, and whilst I cant blame it all on that, it definately has made losing weight harder.

So here I am, starting out and today I have had all 3 meal replacements from Exante and its not even 4.30pm so a long night ahead. I will post my thoughts and losses along the way. Hope everyone else on there own journeys are doing well, it would be nice to meet some people with a similar goal and amount to lose.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Lots of great support on here, and your goals are definitely doable. You’ll need to keep up the water and just power through the first week though I’m afraid - after that lots of people here will help you I’m sure. They helped me.

jfc

Thanks FullFathom, I got through day 1 OK, although I did wake at 3am and start craving toast and marmalade with milky coffee....then I remembered I cant have it, just in time (and luckily an empty larder so couldnt have had it if I wanted it). My daughter is also following this plan so we are trying to keep each other motivated. I know the first week is the hardest so will just try to get to the end of it without straying!

I arrived at work to be greeted by a colleague who had just returned from a 2 week cruise, she came over hugged me, thanked me for doing her work while she was away and then said "here, this is for you, for doing my work while I was away" - she handed me a M&S box of Belgiam cocoa dusted chocolate truffles! - Luckily the use by date is January 2019 so if I keep on track I can allow myself one a day in the New Year (thats if my other colleagues dont pressure me into opening them as they will scoff the lot...which is maybe not a bad idea.

I am having a bad couple of weeks, last week I buried my dear mum, who sadly passed away following a battle with Ovarian Cancer and Alzeimers, she had a lovely woodland burial and it was very emotional. This Friday I am going to my friends mums funeral in Shrewsbury, his mum passed away the day before my mum and we are sort of mirroring each other with grief.

My mum would be proud of me losing weight so I am going to carry on in her memory (although I am also doing it for me!)

Anyway, just wanted to leave a daily update, will check in tomorrow after i get through Day 2 :)

Have a good day all

S: 19st0lb C: 15st6.0lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 33.8 Loss: 3st8lb(18.8%)
How are you getting on ?