I Want To Be Bridget Jones!!!

SindyDoll

STARTED SS: SAT 18TH SEPT 2010
STARTING WEIGHT: 16 STONE 1 POUND

I think the title sums me up completely!!!

I feel a little bit lonely on this forum amongst all the married-with-children people as I'm 32, female... and actually loving being single! I always thought I'd want marriage and children when I was in my 30s, but now I find it's the last thing I want. I want to date, party, travel and eek everything I can out of my remaining pre-40 years! I could be the perfect, happy Bridget Jones if it wasn't for one thing... MY HORRIBLE FATNESS!!!

I won't go into all the horrible details here, but when I was 20, I weighed 9 stone 7. One broken heart and 3 years later, I was 18 stone 13! Since then, I had one big weight loss success when I lost 7 stone in a year (but put it back over another year!), and more recently, lost 5 stone (but it's creeping up again!).

So, here we go with CDSS for the first time! Woo-hoo!

I'm now 3 days in, have been ANGELIC :innocent0002: (3 shakes a day and black tea), and am resisting the temptation to hop on the scales every hour! However, it's 10.15 in the evening, and I'm BORED!!! It's too early to go to bed (I know I won't sleep), and I'm wondering if I can get away with a fourth shake??? Thought I'd start my diary and ramble away here instead, lol!

One thing that really surprises me is that the shakes are REALLY NICE! I've used Slim-Fast and Herbalife shakes in the past, and I've always used the term 'delicious shake' sarcastically ~ I find Slim-Fast leaves a horrible after-taste, and Herbalife has gritty bits that make me cough (and also has a similar after-taste to Slim-Fast, but to a lesser degree). I've found the CD shakes are just nice... no after-taste, nothing! My only complaint could be that there is something slightly watery about them... I'm tempted to mix them with milk instead, but I know that's not on!!!

Well, that's enough rambling for now, I guess! I'll now go watch some nauseating X-Factor clips to put me off any thoughts of eating!!!

Byeee For Now!

Hi Sindydoll.
Well done for sticking to diet so well and very good not jumping on the scales everyday. That should give you a lovely surprise on your weigh in.
I am just having my 4th weigh in tomorrow morning and hoping for a nice loss as I have been a good girl.
I will join you in your singleton club as I am in process of leaving OH after 11 yrs, but am a bit older than you at 43. I am very happy to be on my own and never wanted kids either (though that might be due to the fact that i look after babies for a living).
I wanted to prepare myself for building a new social life and, like you, felt that my fatness would get in the way. I felt people wouldn't see the real me, and also, I look 10 yrs older than I really am with my double chins.
You will find lots of support on here and I look forward to your diary. Lots of people come and write in their diaries to distract themselves from temptation.
You have made a great start, keep it up.
xxx

Hey sindydoll
I found u-lol, sounds like ur doing well-good for you!!
keep at it!!

Back