I went to the Docs today.....

MissyMustDoIt

Silver Member
i only went for the contraceptive pill but was feeling smug about my weightloss....

cut a long story short,earlier this year....... i have tried LOTS of diets....and my doctor has always been 'healthy low fat/calories and exercise' sort of doctor...but he is retiring so he is sharing the workload with a new doctor.......i broke down to her and she eventually...prescribed fat tablets (the name surpasses me)...for the first 2 weeks i lost 3/4lbs.....and then lost the willpower and started putting weight on again...

then i found atkins! (and havent been back to the docs since lol)

so today, i told the old doc that i had lost some weight......he weighed me and although i am still the same weight today as last friday (gutting for me but hey i've not been good).....the doc was very very pleased with my losses....he asked me how......i said...'low carb' he grinned at me and said, you say low carb but you mean 'Atkins' dont you....i just smirked and he said well your doing really well and i cant stop something if its working.

i was so pleased, i walked out all smug lol.

just thought i'd share.:sign0151:

i have a feeling the doc has a 'im about to retire so dont give a hoot' attitude.....but i still felt smug haha

LOL, LMAO, now that is great, you've made my day missy love.

Fantastic Missy :D The medical profession will have to take notice in the end.

Maybe he's one of the more enlightened ones. Glad you got the thumbs up anyway Missy!

Back