I will be Fit By 30!

fit-by-30

will not be fat and 30
Hi all :)

I am starting a diary here as I start Xenical in the morning and I'd like a place to keep track of all things related to my Quest to be fit by 30!

In October I will turn 30 and I am determined to be fitter, healthier and happier for my thirties. I want to enjoy myself and my kids without my weight being such a focus. I will celebrating with a formal party and need to slim into a lovely prom dress so I have added motivation.

I currently weigh 190lb and am 5'2". I need to lose 60 lb but I've set my first target for half that as it seemed less daunting.

I went to the doctor today to discuss weight loss etc and was given some Xenical to try. I'm not sure about it, I never thought I'd need a diet pill and have previously thought people who resort to them are just shy of hard work.

But I am shy of the hard work needed. I can see I am. :cry:

But tomorrows a new day.

I have set up an exercise plan. Planned this weeks meals and found some online support :)D hi) so I have NO excuse now.

Hi...I have only just started too. Good luck with your journey you sound like you have everything in place for success!!! x

Hi and welcome, I also just started (yesterday). Even with the xenical losing will take work, so well done for starting, just by the fact that you went to the doctors for help shows you are commited.

I've just turned 29 and also plan to be "fit-by-30"!!!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to sharing the way! x

:D Thanks girls :D

So this morning is my first day.

The kids spent the night with nanny so it's just me in the house. Normally, I'd go and buy croissants and a newspaper and sit in peace but I'm actually keen to do a workout without them hassling me for once!

I'm going to get the bus halfway to my mums house and walk the rest so that should be a nice hours walk for me. I'm trying to get 500 minutes in for this month.

I'm just about to take my first pill. I'm having a slimfast shake for breakfast. I was doing SF before and I've still got loads left because I bought them when they were on offer!

I know the shakes have very little fat in them but I'd like to start with the Xen now to get it into my system. I ended up having a bit of a binge lastnight. I'm a little worried that I'll get the dreaded side effect because of that. Will it work like that? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

So day one is over !

I'm not sure about it really. I am fully expecting the dreaded effects for tomorrow.

I have done lots of exercise so that is a plus.

B- slimfast shake.
L- slimfast shake.
D- Vegetable Rogan Josh, rice and naan bread.
Snacks- Marmite sandwich, banana chocolate biscuit.

Now I'm looking at it, my day has been a bit void of the fruit and veg! I think I'll pay for the Indian :cry: It was a rare family get together and when I ordered it I said no oil/butter etc but it looked a bit oily still so I had half the portion and bread and rice. Lot's of Carbs but I felt that was better then fat. We'll see.

I have been felling anxious all day about the Xen. I've been concerned about not being close to the toilet when I was out for a walk. I've worried about every bit of wind only being 'wind'! I even packed clean underwear in case..... I think that is a good thing in the sense that I'm putting thought into what I'm eating.

I like that I'll get a obvious consequence to a bad choice. You don't get that instant reaction with just eating badly. You know you may put on some weight but you barely register it sometimes. Taking Xenical means you can't ignore what happens when you eat too much fat.

So here's to day 2 and the worry over the curry! And to making sure day 3 will be worry free ;)

Day 2 and things have gone well!

B - Cereal
L - slimfast
D- plain pasta with mushrooms and mixed veg. and 2 doughballs without the garlic dip lol.

Snacks - one slice of bread.

Very heavy on the carbs but I'm getting to grips with the fat stuff first :)

What has surprised me is just how much I will turn to food when things go wrong. My son has a horrible ear infection so we've been up all night. I have struggled all day with a sense of 'entitlement' towards chocolate and snacks. I felt like I deserved it because I was having a hard day

I'm extremely pleased that I didn't cave - it was hard and I would have if it wasn't for the Xenical I'm sure.

I managed a 40 minute walk too - to collect antibiotics for the LO. I'm planning to put the kids to bed and do a 10 minute workout on youtube if I can keep my eyes open long enough!

My first weigh in and all I can say is:

:happy036:

I've lost 2.6 lbs since saturday.

I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to see next weeks result :D

I need to remember this feeling everytime I am tempted by chocolate or biscuits!!

Good luck to every one else this week xx

So my mission for the est of the week is cutting my carbs. I'm staying within my fat rules but eating so much bread, pasta and rice it's not good!

I had a sneak at the scales and seemed to have gained a pound so I'm on a self imposed scales ban until Monday for my next WI. I have a feeling that's going to be hard!

I totally missed the fit for 30 stage as i turned 31 last month (sob lol) dont try to weigh yourself at every given chance i did and get so many ups and downs that once a week is enough for me ha x

Good luck with the diet x

Back