I will be leaving girls at some point- not forever though!

My only concern about liquid diets is that they don't teach you how to manage food and I know several people who have come off them and promptly regained all the weight.

Strangely I found that doing CD (which is similar to Lipotrim) helped me manage my relationship to food far better than it ever did when I did either WW or SW. It will vary from person to person, but stepping away from food entirely for a while help me re-evaluate what I ate and - more importantly - why.

On all VLCDs (which aren't entirely liquid based as most have meal/foodbars too) food is gradually re-introduced in a controlled way so that weight isn't regained - providing the plans are followed properly of course.

I've done LOADS of diets in the past 20 years and regained every single time .. whether I lost 1-2 lbs per week using 'conventional' diets or more quickly using a VLCD.

The one important key difference I learned this time is that it doesn't matter which diet you use to lose weight, if you go back to eating/drinking the way you did before you began the diet you WILL regain the weight. Guaranteed!

I'm delighted to say that some 18 months after losing over 8 stone on CD that I'm almost exactly the same weight as I was when I reached my target.

Good luck to everyone! We all deserve to be slim and healthy regardless of which diet program we use to get there :)

Thanks for that Summerskye, and Gemma for filling us in on your mum's fantastic results as well. I think it just goes to show that 1) different things work better for different people and 2) losing weight and keeping it off isn't always easy no matter which diet you follow.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on Sarah (and you too Gemma) x

Back