I WILL beat you weight! New Diary :)

Princess-Jader

HI everyone, I am new to this site and am on here tonight because I NEED to change my life.

Yes, there have been many times before that I have felt this way and that I could really do it this time yet every time something makes me fail :(

I am looking for support and would be more than happy to be there for someone else doing the same.

I hate the way I am at 16 and a half stone and only aged 20. I want to be able to love clothes shopping, buy lush clothes, love who I am and not feel like people are staying at me when I am eating out thinking 'eww look at that fatty eating all that food'. I've had enough!

I would also love to hear other people's motivations/success stories or diets that have worked for them.

Thank you so much, I feel all hyped up already so BRING IT ON!

Good for you Princess-Jader for feel feeling motivated and wanting to change! I think a diary will be a great place for you to log of everything regarding your weight loss journey so when times are bad you can have a read through and figure out why. You'll find a lot of support on these forums :)

For me I find the biggest motivation is to think of all the positive things that losing weight will give me, rather than seeing it as a restricted diet. When times get rough think about all those lovely clothes you want to buy, eating in public and feeling confident to give you that extra push! :)

Thank you Beasty, I've started finding my feet and looking around the forums and everyone seems so lovely and supportive!

Day 1 - Today so far hasn't been too bad I guess. I feel very hungry like I always do on a diet because I am so used to snacking between the 3 main meals but I'm sure this hungry feeling should go away as my body adjusts to my new eating lifestyle. The down side to today is going out for a birthday meal but I just have to be strong and make the right choices food wise and just hope I can fight it even with everybody eating naughty foods and desserts around me. Exercise has been pretty bad today but did go shopping earlier which took up most of my day. I may go for a walk in the minute though :)

Welcome Princess! Are you using a plan or just looking to eat a little healthier? The first step is the hardest so well done already.

I'm not using any plan tbh, just cutting down big time as lately, takeaways and snacking have just gone too far! So yeah just cutting down :) Thank you!

Good luck on your journey! Make the right choices and you'll be where you want to be in no time. You say in your first post - you are fed up failing and things make you fail... fail is such a final kind of word. You haven't failed in the past, each time you haven't hit your target, you have moved closer to today, to being in this mindset and closer to the time you do see the change in diet through to the end and hit your targets :)

Every time something doesn't go as planned, it's a chance to learn from it, think what was the hurdle that made you take a tumble, and try to avoid it or plan for it in future :)

Most importantly, don't care about what other people think - sure it's easy to say that, I know we all deep down are social creatures and what other people think does come into our mind, but ultimately - now, at this very moment, you're just fine. You're alive! You have arms legs, two eyes, you know things could be worse! You speak about people looking at you and them thinking 'look at her... what's she doing eating' - well, firstly that's as much about you and your thoughts, probabally more about you and your thoughts, than anyone elses :p

I mean, you imagine they think that, they probabally didn't have anything like that thought about you :)

and the great thing is you win either way, because on the very small chance that someone did have that thought about you, that would be such strong evidence of how shallow and defective that persons thinking is, it would prove that they are not worth your consideration. I'm not just saying this to make you feel good, it's logical sense, why would you want to bother yourself with what someone like that is thinking? But like I said I think the chances are they're not thinking that at all :)

It's so great that you are at this point in time, where you commit to doing things for you, that you want to do, feel good about that because there are thousands of people that go through life unhappy and never do anything about it. There is only really one way to fail, and that is not to try, and there's only one thing to fear and that is fear itself. :)

gluck! will be watching your diary with interest!

ImLosingWeight - Thank you very much for your comment on here, really made me see that I haven't failed because I haven't given up! I must admit, when I have a 'bad day' or have a slip up, I tend to give up but I know now that I just need to forget that, move on and carry on from where I left off!

DAY 2 - well today seems good so far as only had my break fast which is good. I am going to have a small lunch in a bit and having a roast later but deffo feeling strong enough to steer clear of the roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings! I must so though, I am feeling hungry all the time, seriously my body must have got so used to being fed so often that I actually feel sick and my stomach hurts now I'm only eating 3 meals, I really hope this goes over time!! Still no sign of exercise yet but thinking of dragging my other half on the wii later on :)

Day 3 - once again exercise is lacking :/ the eating side is the easiest for me, I just can never be bothered to exercise or don't have the time! I managed to eat dinner at 7pm last night and not eat anything after which is great for me as late evening is my binge time! Munchies! So really proud of that and I'm excited about the weigh in on Saturday, bring it on!

Day 3 - once again exercise is lacking :/ the eating side is the easiest for me, I just can never be bothered to exercise or don't have the time!

I feel the same!

Hey! Found your diary lol

Keep in there and don't worry, small changes to everyday life is what helps in the long run so don't worry too much if you are not exercising to the max everyday.

Are you a gym member? Kirst xx

Lol yeah seriously, i think to myself, i should be good and go and do some exercise. I get thinking and it all seems like a great idea but the idea never comes to anything. I think we need to find something we enjoy so we look forward to it.

Yeah I am hoping just the food change makes a massive difference because up till a couple of weeks ago, takeaways were becoming a2-3 times a week thing and from 7pm it would be eat loads of munch like cookies etc. I did a membership but it was too expensive for me to run, it works cheaper for me to just go for a swin (which i love doing) 1-2 times a week and I have the Wii fit and the biggest loser Wii game, it's just motivation :/

DAY 4 - first day back to uni today to begin my final year! My uni lectures meant I was at uni for lunch which is usually a disaster as I end up buying chocolate and cakes or even worse - cheesey chips etc! However, last night I took the time to make some turkey sandwiches to prevent me from doing this. I actually shocked myself when I managed to resist all of this while my uni mates were tucking into chocolate bars and nachos so couldnt be more proud of myself today!

Sadly I missed breakfast but I was nearly late for uni, but it's just gone 2pm and all I've eaten is a sandwich and must admit I'm not actually hungry!! Something must be working!! So yeah, really happy with today so far and really can't wait till the weigh in on Saturday :)

OMG I had a sneaky weigh in (weigh in day is sat although will be fri this week as at sleepover fri night so won't be able to weigh in morning) AND I'M DOWN... 5 POUNDS!!!! so so so happy right now, and it's not quite weigh in day yet! eeeeeeeek

DAY 5 - I enjoyed some cornflakes and semi-skimmed milk for brekkie. At lunch time I enjoyed some wotsits and a turkey ham sandwich :) About 4pm I did treat myself to a doughnut, didnt feel bad as there were loads and could have carried on but I stopped so really proud. I then had to sit the car with my family while they ate a Mc Donald's (I don't think they are mean because it's a good test for me as it's my favourite takeaway!!) and I didn't have a single chip, really happy with myself. Then we got invited round for a takeaway at brother-in-law's to be house and again refused. So finally for dinner I enjoyed 2 small pieces of cod in butter sauce. So I think it's been a pretty good day for me and couldn't be happier!

It's 9pm and would usually be starting my munch marathon but I'm sitting here with a happy belly and don't even want to eat. I really think this time I will do it... You have to be ready to change and I am.

Clever girl! 5lbs off already, what a motivator! You can do this!

Thank you both of you, I'm feeling so motivated and happy right now. I can't wait for official weigh in tomorrow wooo! :)

DAY 6 - Another great day today, or so I think lol! Missed brekkie as woke up late for uni again lol. Enjoyed 3 fish fingers, a turkey sandwich and wotsits for lunch. Another wotsits for snack in afternoon. Then enjoyed boiled potatoes and a pork chop for tea. Im stuffed now and won't be thinking about snacking tonight. This whole thing is actually easier than I thought it would be which is great! I think next week, now iv got the hang of the eating side, I will step up the exercise part :)

WEEK ONE WEIGH IN - down 5 pounds so now 226 woop!! :D:D:D:D:D

DAY 7 - Had big sleepover with the uni girls last night so treated myself to some pizza and some cake. Have the week to work it off etc so not too worried. Woke up at 3am this morning feeling really sick and mum thinks it's food poisoning. I've managed a small amount for lunch but don't feel good at all so don't think much eating will be happening today. On a downer as feel so ill but not going to let it ruin my weight loss for the upcoming week!

Back