I will do it this time!!!

orchid74

Hi everyone,

I have promised myself that this will be my final time at attempting to achieve the weight loss I need to and to change a much better way of eating forever because I will do it this time......

I have followed the low-carb lifestyle before and lost about 2.5 stone with ease. Then, I just fell off the wagon. I went back to it several times & always found it easy & lost weight so I don't know why the hell I kept giving up.

But......I have so far completed 6 weeks of eating low-carb and have lost a stone (although i've gone back up 3 pounds on yesterday's weigh in) i'm just hoping that's water.......

Would be great to swap tips & recipes and basically just give each other moral support.

Hi there, I could have written this post myself! Also lost loads of weight low carbing years ago and have always found it the easiest way to lose weight and it also makes me feel great!

Well done on your 1 stone loss - I have only completed my first day but already feel the benefit :)

Hello ladies xx I've been back on for a couple of weeks xx be great to have some people to share tips with xx
Hopefully more people will join in the thread for motivation

Hi Ladies,

Thankyou for your replies - It's a great deal quieter on here than it used to be.

'Mom2Ben' well done on getting back on it again. First few days are always the worst, but that's fab if you can feel the benefits already. Saying that, I did too after the first day or so, all my bloating went down and i felt 'cleaner' inside, I know that sounds strange but it's the best way I can describe it lol.

Donna, how much have you lost over the couple of weeks that you have been back on it?

I'm so glad I got some replies, we can help each other out especially if we are having a bad day on it, it' always handy to have a bit of support.

What are you both having to eat today? :) xxxx

Well to begin with I wasn't being strict enough and kept eating carbs!! X but now I'm on it properly and being strict I have lost 7lbs, but havent weighed for a few days xx I find the less I weigh myself the better I do xx I had egg and bacon for breakfast. But I made this concoction yesterday and it was lovely .. Cauliflower, steamed in micro for about give minutes out it in a Pyrex dish added mozzarella on too with chorizo and popped it in the oven was lovely xx today after being in the fridge over night you can actually slice it like pizza! X when I make it again I will pop a photo on x

Hi everyone, can I join you lovely people, pretty please?

I'm just starting out on Atkins/low carb, so will probably need lots of help and advice. I've been messing about with Slimming World and other things, but just can't seem to get into the swing of it, so thought I'd try something different. this is my day two and so far can't believe how full and satisfied I feel without carbs... I hope I'm not doing it wrong!!!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well :)

Donna, that sounds really yummy! I'd love to see a photo, going to try it myself. I'm always looking for new recipes

Hi Violet, yes of course you can join us! The more the merrier :)

The best thing about going low carb is that you do definitely feel fuller & more satisfied.

I've been doing loads of research over the past year or so and the one thing I am starting to do is push the fat with more fatty meat, butter, olive oil etc. Everyone fears these and some people even try to go low carb and low fat! Our bodies need these fats!

Cooking some lovely belly pork slices for dinner along with broccoli & savoy cabbage mmmm.......what are you guys having for dinner?

Hi girls, I hope you don't mind me crashing?

I also did sw, I lost nearly 3 stone and got to goal, then found out I was pregnant. I joined again earlier this year but I just haven't got my head into it. I was obsessing over sugar and almost everything I ate was carbs! So I decided to go cold turkey, no sugar and low carbs (only fruit and veg)

I am coming up to 3 weeks now following this diet and I feel much better, less bloated. I am losing weight, but slowly.

It it would be great to support each other. I have a wobble every day. Every day I am so close to putting a biscuit/cake/wine/crisps...in my mouth. But I haven't yet! Oh and I am slightly addicted to the ketosis sticks!

Hi 'motherof2' of course we don't mind you joining in. The more of us that can help each other, the better.

Where do you get your ketosis sticks from? I have to say, i've never used them, it would probably help me if I did - could keep myself in check then! lol

Just to mention fruit, a lot of fruit is high carb and this might stall you or really slow you down. The only fruit i have is blueberries and strawberries, but in moderation (as a treat really). Just wanted to mention it in case you stall with weightloss and aren't sure why xx

I've just weighed myself this morning (i really need to stop) and I haven't lost an ounce over this last week :( I did read a very good article the other day though about fat cells and it's keeping me on the straight & narrow even though im on a plateau. It basically explained that our body's main job is to survive & protect....so when we are losing fat, even though a large amount of fat disappears from a fat cell, instead of shrivelling it will still keep the same size for a certain time as our body is in constant survival mode. So even though the fat has emptied from a cell, the cell will still hold onto the same shape for a while.....this explains that even though we have lost actual fat, it won't show for a while as our body tries to retain the same size cells (even though there is no fat in it). At some point, the cell has to shrivel and that is the point where we see results (maybe explains a whoosh)

Have you all manage to stay on the straight & narrow over the weekend?

Thanks orchid, I only have a small handful of grapes every day, I use it as a pick me up either at breakfast time or mid afternoon. I check regularly if I am still in ketosis and it hasn't knocked me out. I bought my sticks from boots (over the counter) but you can buy them from Amazon too.

I have have been good so far this weekend. My children keep asking to bake a cake...one of my weaknesses is cake!

I used to love cake too with a dollop of fresh cream. I've found a fantastic substitute.

I make a chocolate MIM (muffin in a mug in microwave), except I don't use flax like most do as I don't like it, I use almond flour and it is amazing along with a dollop of fresh cream

It probably comes to about 3.5-4 carbs which isn't bad at all for a treat :)

Mix 1 egg (in a mug, give it a good mix so it's blended) then add: 2tbsp almond flour, 1 tbsp dark choc cocoa powder (Dr oetker sachet out of baking section), 2tsp sweetner, 1/4tsp baking powder in the bottom of a mug. Mix it really really well and then put it into the microwave for 2.5 minutes

I used to love cake too with a dollop of fresh cream. I've found a fantastic substitute.

I make a chocolate MIM (muffin in a mug in microwave), except I don't use flax like most do as I don't like it, I use almond flour and it is amazing along with a dollop of fresh cream

It probably comes to about 3.5-4 carbs which isn't bad at all for a treat :)

Mix 1 egg (in a mug, give it a good mix so it's blended) then add: 2tbsp almond flour, 1 tbsp dark choc cocoa powder (Dr oetker sachet out of baking section), 2tsp sweetner, 1/4tsp baking powder in the bottom of a mug. Mix it really really well and then put it into the microwave for 2.5 minutes

That sounds delicious so I'm going to give it a go. ideal as a treat x

Well I am looking a joining a low carb way of thinking as I have been dabbling with Exante but find the no eating is not helping I am struggling I have lost 9.5 lbs but finding it really hard, I only see my hubby at the weekends as he is a lorry driver so I would like to be able to eat with him. I will use the stock of exante up but want to combine low carbs as I think this may be more substainable in the long term and thats what I am here for I have 3 stone to lose.

It may be slower but it will help retrain my eating habits as well and thats wot I need as I dont want to be in this situation in 6 months time. ANy tips to help get me started would really be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Paigesmom.......did you try the choc mim recipe?

Hi honeyz! Well done on your weight loss so far. That's the thing I love about low carb, the fact that you don't feel deprived of food and therefore more sustainable. There are no restrictions on the amount you eat (of the correct food of course) lol

I have lost 1lb each week for the past 2 weeks taking me back to 13lb lost. I just want to desperately get past that 1 stone mark and then I will finally feel like I am moving forward. Just 1 pound over will make a massive difference to my mood (it's not a good mood at the moment as i seem to be yo-yo'ing between 10-13lbs weight loss over te past few weeks). Feeling rather annoyed today as I thought when I got on the scales that i would have finally gone past the 1 stone mark

Oh well, i just need to keep going - there's no way im going to be defeated. Had 2 boiled eggs for brekkie.......what did everyone else have??

Today I had a small omelette for brekkie just plain, for lunch I have a salad with a little chicken in so thinking thats ok. But I am so suprised as I had the omelette early and its nearly 11am and not hungry at all. Very strange for me as normally I would on the biccies.

Good luck everyone xx

Hi, I'd like to join too!!

I'm not new to low carb, I've been eating low carb now since Sept last year. I have lost 41lbs.
The thing is, up until April I was really strict, it was my 30th..I'd lost weight, I relaxed over my birthday and since then....I just cannot for the life of me get back to it. I mean, I eat low carb brekkie, then lunch I'll eat low carb. Somewhere between lunch and dinner it all goes wrong, then dinner is back to low carb again.
Although it's great that I just continue low carb from very next meal....it's keeping me out of ketosis and I have sts weight for 2 mths.

I need to break this darn cycle!

Wow Siobhan, you have done so well! It sounds like you need a new goal or target to work towards. Do you have a holiday or occasion in the near future to keep you focussed?

You out must have some great tips and recipes to share...

That sounds totally like me! I'm kind of on atkins now, but really I'm just cutting down majorly on carbs. my favourate snack/treat at the moment is pork scratchings! soooo bad but they taste so good, and barely a carb in site! As for decafinated coffee, not doing that one, I need my caffine to function haha! and ive still been drinking, but ive stuck to whiskey and diet coke, no carbs! who knew! lol and so far am finding it so much easier to stick to this time rounds, good luck and keep up the good work, seems youre doing well so far!

Back