I will do this...

starry*eyed<3 said:
Tell me about it - crim can be a mare can't it !!! Aw get tomorrow out of the way and then have a lovely weekend, is it meetings and things at work?

Ooh and Egypt for crim sounds fab, where r u goin? I'm going to Egypt in 3 weeks, to luxor, can't wait :)
Xx

Yeah it was work, glad its over and I can now enjoy the weekend! :)

I can't wait to go to Egypt for Christmas... And you of luxor, sounds fab! How long you going for? Is that the first week of December you're going? What you doing out there?xxx

Aw it will be lovely spending crimbleton out there, bit warmer than here eh!!!

Me, My mum and gran and auntie go every year for a week just to chill out, it's really a family holiday, but girls only haha!! It's only 2 weeks away, would live to lose another half stone before then, but to not looking likely :/

How r u ? Lookin forward to Monday weigh in?? Xxx

That sounds fab! What a lovely holiday, just girls and chilling with the ladies in the family!

If you put your mind to it I reckon you will lose half a stone easily... You lost a stone on week 1!

Yeah I'm looking forward to Monday weigh in...I've stick 100% but then I always do and it doesn't mean I get great losses... I'm hoping for 3 to 4lb's which should be achievable, I hope, assuming I don't go crazy today and tomorrow!

I am of to bale a cake in a mo, so must stay strong!

You upto much today? Xx

Haha - we must be mad, I'm making a Christmas cake...... Crazy girls eh !!

You are doing great - your losses are fab, I know what you mean, some people seem to lose lots each week ( like me sometimes) but those people gain it back much quicker ( I'm a perfect example of this - 5lbs gain in a week!!! ) so I think your way is better, at least when u have a break at Christmas you won't end up where u started, which I will :/

Yur gonna be slim jim for crimbo :)

What cake you makin Hun? Haven't got may plans really, I'm gonna go and do a spot of shopping now, and then not much else, got a couple of friends round tonight for film night - ill try and avoid temptation of food...... Xxx

starry*eyed<3 said:
Haha - we must be mad, I'm making a Christmas cake...... Crazy girls eh !!

You are doing great - your losses are fab, I know what you mean, some people seem to lose lots each week ( like me sometimes) but those people gain it back much quicker ( I'm a perfect example of this - 5lbs gain in a week!!! ) so I think your way is better, at least when u have a break at Christmas you won't end up where u started, which I will :/

Yur gonna be slim jim for crimbo :)

What cake you makin Hun? Haven't got may plans really, I'm gonna go and do a spot of shopping now, and then not much else, got a couple of friends round tonight for film night - ill try and avoid temptation of food...... Xxx

Yes we probably are crazy! I just with the family while they've had a Chinese takeaway and eaten my cake!

I hope I an slim for Christmas, I just wish I'd heard about this diet earlier then I might have had a chance of getting to goal! I cannot get to goal for Christmas, I know that, I mean I always stick to this 100% and even on a good week I haven't lost 4lb... And I still have 4 stone to go, but I will be slimmer and then hopefully I can shift the rest in the new year!

I went shopping earlier with kids for an xbox then came home to see my brother who visited this evening with his oh and daughter. Was lovely to see them, its been months!

I baked a chocolate cherry cake thing... I call it chocolate velvet, but its my own concoction! They all enjoyed it though so that's the important thing! I would have loved a slice but stuck to my water!

I can't wait to start eating food again.... I'm salivating at the thought :p

How did the movies with friends go? Did you stay strong?

Xx

Oh no! Good and bad news!

As you know I'm off on holiday for Christmas, and a number of years ago I was quite a bit slimmer and I thought great,.I'll lose this weight before my holiday and won't need to but anything as I have slim clothes in the wardrobe! Problem is I decided to try them on today to see if I was anywhere near fitting them yet, and they're already loose! And I'm still hoping to lose between a stone and a stone and a half before xmas and now I won't have anything to wear!!!

I do not know what too do! I don't want to spend money on new clothes which I then want to grow out of! Argh!

I'm feeling delighted and gutted!

Last time I went away I had hardly anything to wear as I was so big and nothing fitted! Looks like I may have the opposite problem this time!

Mmmm that cake sounds delish!! well done for resisting too xx

Aw darlin !! Could you maybe sell them n eBay? A friend of mines just made £100 selling clothes and things on eBay, she said it was a bit of effort but worth it now she has the doh.....

Sorry to hear about your dilemma.... But happy at the same time as it shows just how well yo have done..... Give yourself a good old pat on the back xxx

Weigh in tonight isn't it... Gooooood luck xxx

I'm a bit gutted, just got in from weigh in and only lost 2 and 3/4 lb this week... I was hoping for a big one and now feel really low... Silly b!oody diet.. :-(

Here's to next week....

How's everyone else done?

tomnkatesmum said:
I'm a bit gutted, just got in from weigh in and only lost 2 and 3/4 lb this week... I was hoping for a big one and now feel really low... Silly b!oody diet.. :-(

Here's to next week....

How's everyone else done?

Aw! But that's 32.25 lbs in 9 weeks! That's an average of 3.58lbs a week (which is slightly more than the average of 3.5lbs a week). You're doing fab! :clap: :clap:

Well done!

Thanks lily... You always know how to cheer people up... Thanks for putting some perspective on it... I'd love massive losses like some others get but suppose I will have to just keep plodding along...

Really wanted to get a further stone and a half off from November to before Christmas... Seems unlikely now!

How you doing?

Xx

GretaGrip said:
Just marking my place as I have to go out now but wanted to offer you a few words of advice and didn't want to lose the thread

Hi Greta, how are you doing?

Look forward to hearing from you when your back... Have you been out anywhere nice?

tomnkatesmum said:
Thanks lily... You always know how to cheer people up... Thanks for putting some perspective on it... I'd love massive losses like some others get but suppose I will have to just keep plodding along...

Really wanted to get a further stone and a half off from November to before Christmas... Seems unlikely now!

How you doing?

Xx

Well, you might get close. A stone should be doable, maybe more, so long as you don't get too sucked into Christmas meals out! And you must look so different already!

Probably best not to ask about me. :rolleyes: :). I'm struggling big time but to be honest that's because weight loss isn't quite at the top of my list of priorities right now, even though it probably should be. Fighting work stress seems to take all my energy at the moment. But I'm sticking around here because at some point things will click. :cross:

Lily said:
Well, you might get close. A stone should be doable, maybe more, so long as you don't get too sucked into Christmas meals out! And you must look so different already!

Probably best not to ask about me. :rolleyes: :). I'm struggling big time but to be honest that's because weight loss isn't quite at the top of my list of priorities right now, even though it probably should be. Fighting work stress seems to take all my energy at the moment. But I'm sticking around here because at some point things will click. :cross:

Oh lily, I'm sorry your finding it hard... What's your work?

I have one meal planned for December which I can't wait for, but the rest I will just go and glug my water, none of it is as important as losing my weight!

A stone would be lovely, but it would be even better to get into the 11's... Honestly,I couldn't wait to get into the 12's hour there tonight and I'm already looking at the next goal! Never happy!

Best news though, I can finally wear my wedding and engagement ring again, haven't been able to for 4 years but there back on now and my god I missed them! Love my jewellery! :)

Well done hunny :) you are fab :) skinny minny you are xxx

How exciting for you :) xxx ooh and lovely news about your runs :) ace !!

Aw Lilly sorry to hear you haven't been finding it easy, I've been there too hunny and I can totally understand, but if yuve got work stress and you've got other priorities something has to give, don't worry, it will click again xx

Hello!

No. I've had a horrible evening but that's not important right now. Thanks for asking however!

I read your diary and wanted to ramble on a bit... just disregard anything that's complete drivel.

You speak a lot of slow losses. Your losses are not slow. Your weight loss is bang on what CWP say will happen. They say a stone a month. You have completed week 8, you have lost two stone..ish. Correct? So all is well and as it should be, weight loss wise. Your CDC is talking nonsense about your height and size meaning your loss will be slow. I'd be fascinated to see the factual evidence backing up this rather bizarre claim. Were my losses 'good' because I'm 5 foot 4? Would they have been better if I'd been 5 foot 8? Utter rubbish. So disregard that.

However - and this is fairly interesting - your losses will slow at some point. Because studies have shown that, after the first few weeks on a VLCD and depending on how much you have to shift in the first place, there is NO DIFFERENCE in eating 400 calories a day and 800 calories a day. And I can confirm this is true. I started CD weighing 12 stone 4 < although I was 15 stone 2 last year > and I managed almost 8 weeks, taking me to 10 stone 5. So there was my two stone loss. I then switched to eating 800 calories a day - give or take. And this was in the middle of September. I now weigh 9 stone, so a further loss of 19lbs. So..... food for thought, no? I fanatically wrote everything down and kept to 800 a day. It worked.

Another observation... consider changing your target weight in your stats to 12 stone 7 or something. Don't under estimate the positive effect this can have on you when you glance at it and see you only have 8 lbs to go. And it is so achievable. and then, you amend to 11 stone 13... and chip away at it like that. it's just positive thinking really but it's motivating and every tool helps doesn't it?

Another tip is to start planning your maintenance now. I know that sounds insane but it is crucial to keep the weight off. You're going to succeed aren't you? Yes. I did - you can as well. so read up on maintenance and devise your plan. Prepare now - CD is very very hard the longer you do it for, your body cannot take months and months of it... so if you suddenly have to stop - you need your plan.

Feel free to read my diary which details how I lost 3 stone 3 lb in about 4 or so months and went from a size 16 ish to a size 8. It starts off as firmly CD but now is maintenance for me... although lots of people post on all stages on the diet. You may find it useful

Anyway, I'll leave you in peace now. You are really doing very well indeed, all is as it should be and you are on track to see 10 stone something in January y'know... keep with it and shout me if I can help in any way at all. I'm sorry i don't give pink and fluffy advice :D

GretaGrip said:
Hello!

No. I've had a horrible evening but that's not important right now. Thanks for asking however!

I read your diary and wanted to ramble on a bit... just disregard anything that's complete drivel.

You speak a lot of slow losses. Your losses are not slow. Your weight loss is bang on what CWP say will happen. They say a stone a month. You have completed week 8, you have lost two stone..ish. Correct? So all is well and as it should be, weight loss wise. Your CDC is talking nonsense about your height and size meaning your loss will be slow. I'd be fascinated to see the factual evidence backing up this rather bizarre claim. Were my losses 'good' because I'm 5 foot 4? Would they have been better if I'd been 5 foot 8? Utter rubbish. So disregard that.

However - and this is fairly interesting - your losses will slow at some point. Because studies have shown that, after the first few weeks on a VLCD and depending on how much you have to shift in the first place, there is NO DIFFERENCE in eating 400 calories a day and 800 calories a day. And I can confirm this is true. I started CD weighing 12 stone 4 < although I was 15 stone 2 last year > and I managed almost 8 weeks, taking me to 10 stone 5. So there was my two stone loss. I then switched to eating 800 calories a day - give or take. And this was in the middle of September. I now weigh 9 stone, so a further loss of 19lbs. So..... food for thought, no? I fanatically wrote everything down and kept to 800 a day. It worked.

Another observation... consider changing your target weight in your stats to 12 stone 7 or something. Don't under estimate the positive effect this can have on you when you glance at it and see you only have 8 lbs to go. And it is so achievable. and then, you amend to 11 stone 13... and chip away at it like that. it's just positive thinking really but it's motivating and every tool helps doesn't it?

Another tip is to start planning your maintenance now. I know that sounds insane but it is crucial to keep the weight off. You're going to succeed aren't you? Yes. I did - you can as well. so read up on maintenance and devise your plan. Prepare now - CD is very very hard the longer you do it for, your body cannot take months and months of it... so if you suddenly have to stop - you need your plan.

Feel free to read my diary which details how I lost 3 stone 3 lb in about 4 or so months and went from a size 16 ish to a size 8. It starts off as firmly CD but now is maintenance for me... although lots of people post on all stages on the diet. You may find it useful

Anyway, I'll leave you in peace now. You are really doing very well indeed, all is as it should be and you are on track to see 10 stone something in January y'know... keep with it and shout me if I can help in any way at all. I'm sorry i don't give pink and fluffy advice :D

Hi Greta, thanks for your post, I hope everything is okay...

Your post is certainly not drivel but hugely interesting... And feel free to ramble :)

I've just completed week 9 and I'm 32lb down... I know it's online with cdc, but others seem to get great losses and I suppose I'm jealous! I dream of a 10lb loss in 1 week! Lol!

To be honest, I think my cdc often talks a lot if tosh! The rubbish she said about only losing a couple of pounds a week seems weak to say the least! But she's the professional! Or so she tells me!!! :p

Your losses are amazing, I've read through your diary, it took a while, but it's fab, you've achieved so much and your photos are amazing... You have come such a long way since may... Today's picture was great, your so slim... Do you feel slim now?

I have my main goal on here, but your right it seems s lifetime away... I usually mentally work to smaller goals, half stone, stone or next stone bracket but, to be honest, I reach one and then I'm straight onto thinking about the next one.. I wonder if I'll ever be pleased! Are you honestly detailed where you are? I notice from your diary your still trying for that elusive pound!

Maintenance seems so far of, but your right,I worry if I come off I'll end up being like a kid in a sweetie shop!

I'm actually coming off plan for Christmas add I'm of on holiday for two weeks, I can't wait but seriously don't want to undo all the hard work!

One worry with maintenance though is from your diary, you barely seem to eat... Your calories are so low! Do you feel you eat enough, our do you still feel like your dieting?

I hope your right and I do see 10 stone something in January, not sure it will be possible with my holiday but suppose I just need to keep my focus!

Sorry, now I've rambled, and asked you dozens of questions... But I think I'm seeing things more clearly... Not to worry about the pink and fluffy, your straight taking I'd fab!.just what we all need at times... :)

OK, I shall attempt to answer your questions.. in no particular order!

1. Coming off plan. You say you are going to come off plan at christmas. I'd advise against this. Reason being.... it's a 'mental' thing. Slim people do not think about having 'days off' or ' planned weeks off ' or ' falling off the wagon . ' So, a mindset change is needed. You 'come off plan for christmas ' and ... what? What do you do exactly? Fall on a dozen mince pies with your mouth open? Eat chocolate? Far better would be to plan to stick with it, allowing yourself a christmas dinner of the meat and loads of veg. One roast potato if you must. Or eat one meal and enjoy it. Christmas is one day - not a stream of blending days.. I viewed this diet as complete deprivation though - and it was not depriving myself that took me to 15 stone plus in the first place. So, I was in no position to start allowing myself to indulge once more.

2. Do i feel slim? Sometimes. Has it made everything bloody brilliant and i have no problems now and everything is rosy? No. Am i delighted? I suppose so... sort of. I used to dream about this weight. I never ever thought i could be size 8 again. it seemed like an impossible dream. So the reality sometimes feels weird. I was last slim 7 years ago.

3. I probably dont eat enough but i eat enough for me. I'M AWARE THAT i am possibly trying to maintain a too low weight for my height although i have a healthy BMI. And yes, Id like another lb or two but equally... im reasonably satisfied as i am. I'm still consolidating my weight loss and I was determined not to 'work up the steps' and throw more money on those damn CD products when there was no longer any need. To do that, i needed to cut my calories. You'll see i eat a lot of porridge, fruit, veg, tofu and quorn. At weekends I have what I fancy but I limit myself there as well. I never think in terms of 'a day off '... i eat what i want and im careful. Today for example i fancied some sweets. So I had some. Just half a packet of gums. I won't do that tomorrow... it was just a treat.

3. You'll see from my diary that I talked a lot from the start about maintenance. I was going to do all sorts before i settled on calorie counting. It's crucial to think about it and how your mindset will change. You cant stop CD and start eating 'normally'... you'll see the scales increase. Doing what I did knocked off a further 19 odd lbs. And it was easier than CD!

4. A 10 lb loss in a week is not going to happen now sadly. Only in week one... week two as well if you have a lot to lose. After that... 2 lbs is the norm.. hence why upping to 800 calories will produce exactly the same results.

Focus and vigilance are the keys to success. You'll see from my diary how much i struggled and how bored i felt and how i doubted myself and how the scales never seemed to move and so on and so forth... the best tip I can give you is to NOT take holidays/christmas off. It usually spells disaster and you will feel demoralised at any gain. This diet is not something I think i could do again thats for sure. Once was enough and that nearly finished me off

Back