I will stick to it this time!!

rcoletty

I have started Atkins today, I plan on sticking to it this time. I did cambridge 3 years ago and lost 3 stone on it, but I piled it all back gradually. I have now decided since I love my food to give atkins a go. Am looking to get motivation from this site as it did help me last time. I will be logging and updating my progress as I go along. Please feel free to say hi. All tips will be highly appreciated.

Hi rcoletty,

welcome back to the boards, I'm new here but have been on Atkins for coming up to 2 months now and love to be able to eat. I did Cambridge too, congratulations on the 3 stone loss, that's amazing! How long where you on Cambridge?
i look forward to watching your journey on here and hope it's a success for you :)

Thanks, I lost the 3 stones in 2 months... it was great but I dont think I can stick to shakes now, hence why I've decided to give atkins a go. Fingers crossed I will start seeing the results soon. Well done on sticking with it that long, you are the kind of motivator I need...

This morning I've enjoyed a scrambled egg with mushrooms, bacon and onion... very nice considering I hate breakfast.
I'm going to have a chicken salad for lunch and Tilapia fish with spinach for dinner.
Be good guys, I know I will try my best too, Off to work, see you lovely people later.

Thanks, I lost the 3 stones in 2 months... it was great but I dont think I can stick to shakes now, hence why I've decided to give atkins a go. Fingers crossed I will start seeing the results soon. Well done on sticking with it that long, you are the kind of motivator I need...

Thats absolutely fab! The transition is quite easy since you will have been used to being in ketosis on Cambridge. The shakes are hard and you really need to be in the zone. It was hard for me too and I tortured myself with food thoughts daily on it. I only lost 1-1/2 stone in the 6 weeks I was on it but out if that 6 weeks I did only 4 Ss and the other 2 Ss+ but ate a wee bit too much haha.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back, and you've all done brilliantly!

Can't believe Jim is still here!! I signed up on this site in 2009/10 and he was still advising people as well as trying to lose weight himself. I love him!!

I lost my log in's and had to re- register this time round, I think I did well because of this site, always good to spend some hours on here in the evenings/during the day if one can, reading blogs, really helps with the motivation and Jim certainly did help even though I was doing cd and him atkins...

I did though do abit of low carbing after cd and I always used to follow Jim to see what he was eating... helped me maintain, until, I stopped coming on here... :( well am back now and hoping to stick around for long!!

p/s really enjoyed my fish... I need ideas on meals though, does the thread "what are we eating today" still exist?

Jim is indeed the heart of this forum, and a good guy to boot :)

I think that thread is still about, but we have some really fab chefs amongst us so I'm sure they will contribute lots of ideas.

My two favourites - simple - sauteed cabbage with bacon and a dollop of Philly. Bit more work - chicken breasts rubbed in Ras el Hanout (a Moroccan rub), then baked in the oven with a round of goat's cheese, all served up wilted spinach mmmm :)

Sorry I haven't updated, had afew bad days as it was the anniversary of my hubby passing away (7 years! ) it still seems like yesterday.

Having taken time off and feeling down in the dumps, am back to feeling okish.. Good thing is I never strayed from the diet, just didn't feel like eating at all.

I'm quite bunged up and now though II need to up my greens as I haven't been eating any veg. So tonight I will have Fish with lots of spinach.

Will catch up with all of you later. xxx

Sorry to hear that you've had a hard few days but completely understandable. If you are strong enough not stray through this situation I am sure you will do fantastic throughout. I need to up my greens too because instead of dinner with loads of veg, I've not been bothering with cooking so had a sandwich each day for dinner :(

Thanks guys, Yeh, took it's toil on me but am back to sort of normality this week. Am glad I did stick to it...:) I managed to lose 5lbs despite a shitty week and am super pleased with that. It's that time of the month so I expect it will be a wee lose this week but I will keep going...

Hope you are feeling better today?

Back