I will win - My weightloss journey

Emmie

Silver Member
Well here goes...
Hi i'm Emma and i'm 20. I began to gain weight when I was pregnant with my son a year ago. I found out I was pregnant and just dove into a mountain of sausage butties, kettle chips and chocolate. Using certain excuses such as "cravings".
By this point I had put on almost 4 stone
:eek: and went from 12st8lbs to 16st5lbs in a matter of months. Well needless to say once the new year came, something had to be done.
So I joined the first SW class of 2013 on the 7th Jan. It is the first group in my area to open and it was lovely knowing that everyone was basically new to the plan, aswell as me.
Well a couple of days passed and after looking on minimins of syn values (and being abit of a lurker) I decided to sign up. And now i'm hooked. There is so much support.
During my first week I lost 4lbs and a further 1.5lbs at my second WI, taking me (just about) into the 15s:D

Any advice and support would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading :D

Hi Emma, Emma here lol.

Well done on your losses so far! I only started last week, my first weigh in is tomorrow and im terrified! Ive got a diary too where I chat about my day and what ive eaten (so a weightloss diary duhhhh lol) I noticed we are about the same height and weight so it would be good to keep in touch and see what works for you as youre ahead of me. My mums doing it too but im cooking and ive found the forums fantastic for support and recipes!

Good luck xx

Hi Emma, Emma here lol.

Well done on your losses so far! I only started last week, my first weigh in is tomorrow and im terrified! Ive got a diary too where I chat about my day and what ive eaten (so a weightloss diary duhhhh lol) I noticed we are about the same height and weight so it would be good to keep in touch and see what works for you as youre ahead of me. My mums doing it too but im cooking and ive found the forums fantastic for support and recipes!

Good luck xx

Hiya, yes we should keep in touch, gosh ive only just started though really haha :) Good luck to you aswell

Well today is a new day. I feel better now ive accepted that I wont lose 4lbs every week. (I was being abit unrealistic with myself really lol)
And its morning and im tucking into some lovely chopped banana, with vanilla muller light. Yummy. And waiting for my aches and pains to go so I can carry on with the 30 day shred DVD by Jillian Micheals.

Good luck Emmie you are definitely in the right place for support :) just keep doing what you are doing and you will do great x

Good luck Emmie you are definitely in the right place for support :) just keep doing what you are doing and you will do great x

I know its been so helpful aswell. Thanks hun

Thanks stevie, good luck to you aswell

Nice diary! Good luck!

Just under 4st left to lose, easily achievable! You've already lost a huge amount, I count that at around 9% of your loss target has been achieved already. You've had a solid start.

I don't know much about Slimming World though. But I do have a wealth of knowledge regarding exercise if you ever need some advice. Funnily enough, despite my weight, I actually studied quite a lot about physical fitness :eek:

Anyway, good luck again. You will do this, November is a good target!

Nice diary! Good luck!

Just under 4st left to lose, easily achievable! You've already lost a huge amount, I count that at around 9% of your loss target has been achieved already. You've had a solid start.

I don't know much about Slimming World though. But I do have a wealth of knowledge regarding exercise if you ever need some advice. Funnily enough, despite my weight, I actually studied quite a lot about physical fitness :eek:

Anyway, good luck again. You will do this, November is a good target!

Eek I hope so just done an hour at the gym aswell and trying to do this 30 day shred DVD :eek: Anyway thanks any advice is great hun :D

Today has been my first day eating out on SW, eek. Ive been pretty bad really as Ive consumed my 15 syns already.. but hey ho not as bad as i expected. BUT i have now booked a yoga and zumba class for myself and a friend so that has to work in my favor at some point :D

Today has been my first day eating out on SW, eek. Ive been pretty bad really as Ive consumed my 15 syns already.. but hey ho not as bad as i expected. BUT i have now booked a yoga and zumba class for myself and a friend so that has to work in my favor at some point :D

Awesome stuff.

Which day is your weigh-in day?

Well here goes... the dreaded weigh in was tonight AND.....

-3 and a half pounds taking me to 15st10lbs :D

Done some yoga and a gym session so that may have helped.. pssh still its a great loss for me super chuffed :bliss:

Well here goes... the dreaded weigh in was tonight AND.....

-3 and a half pounds taking me to 15st10lbs :D

Done some yoga and a gym session so that may have helped.. pssh still its a great loss for me super chuffed :bliss:

HELL YEAH!!! 3.5lb is a bloody lot, a great week for you! Nice to see the exercise is helping.

You've already lost a very good amount in 3 weeks. Just warning you, that a plateau COULD be coming. It isn't a big deal but so many people quit when their weight loss ceases for a couple of weeks.

As you know, I plateau'd this month. But prepare yourself in case it happens, because it can be disheartening.

It probably won't happen though, at least for a while. I hope to keep seeing magnificent losses! You will certainly reach your monthly goal. Here's to week 4 :)

HELL YEAH!!! 3.5lb is a bloody lot, a great week for you! Nice to see the exercise is helping.

You've already lost a very good amount in 3 weeks. Just warning you, that a plateau COULD be coming. It isn't a big deal but so many people quit when their weight loss ceases for a couple of weeks.

As you know, I plateau'd this month. But prepare yourself in case it happens, because it can be disheartening.

It probably won't happen though, at least for a while. I hope to keep seeing magnificent losses! You will certainly reach your monthly goal. Here's to week 4 :)

Oh yes! I totally thought that I was going to gain this week and really I accepted it lol.. I'd actually had a relaxed week really. I did stick to plan, but I felt more at ease with food.. Its definitely a possibility I may plateau this next week.. but I hope for a STS next week I think thats a maintainable goal and i'd be happy with it. I have also been calculating my kcals on mfp and i'm actually having around 1300-1400 daily without even thinking about it. Anyway yes.. here's to week 4 :D

Back