I wish my toothache will go away

lynnwilliams

Silver Member
It is really getting me down, i have had toothache alll this year, i swear i am taking too many painkillers, waking me up at night. I am on nhs waiting list which i just rang and she said it will be about a month better than when she said 4 months when i signed up. I cant afford private otherwise i would go. Im ringing emergency up tomorrow, so hopefully will get sorted, i need a tooth out and need fillings, i hope 2009 will be pain free and slimmer:cry:

Oh Lynn, poor you. Tooth pain is horrible. :(

I suffer from chronic pain. I have osteoarthritis in my neck and it has been painful every single day since May 2007 :(, also recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and it now looks like there is something wrong with my hip - presumably osteoarthritis as well. I've just been signed off for 2 weeks. Again. Was 6 weeks ago too. I know how pain can get you down so you have my sympathy. ANd hugs. ;)

GOsh, thats an awfull long time to wait. There are no other NHS dentists in your area?? That is disgraceful really.

I had a similar experience years ago when I first moved over here, and ended up having to go to the dental emergency. I hope you can too.

Hang in there love. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Sending lots of positive healing vibes your way!

:grouphugg:Sorry to hear your still in pain Hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later

Oh Lynn, poor you. Tooth pain is horrible. :(

I suffer from chronic pain. I have osteoarthritis in my neck and it has been painful every single day since May 2007 :(, also recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and it now looks like there is something wrong with my hip - presumably osteoarthritis as well. I've just been signed off for 2 weeks. Again. Was 6 weeks ago too. I know how pain can get you down so you have my sympathy. ANd hugs. ;)

GOsh, thats an awfull long time to wait. There are no other NHS dentists in your area?? That is disgraceful really.

I had a similar experience years ago when I first moved over here, and ended up having to go to the dental emergency. I hope you can too.

Hang in there love. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Sending lots of positive healing vibes your way!

There is tons of NHS dentists but noone is taking patients on, it is a disgrace.

Wow my pain is nothing then comparired to yours BL, you poor thing.
xxxxxxxxxxx

There is tons of NHS dentists but noone is taking patients on, it is a disgrace.

Wow my pain is nothing then comparired to yours BL, you poor thing.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, I don't know Lynn - teethcan be pretty damn painful. And lets face it - pain is pain! ANd tooth is indeed is one of the worst pains really because you cannot do anything to comfort it - at least I can put a hot water bottle on!!! ;)

I hope you find some relief somehow. :)

Thx Bl. I feel worse, cant stand it.Hopefully with be a toothless..lol
If not ill be pulling it out myself, good thing tho it stops me thinking of food..lol

How is it doing Lynn? I really hope you are feeling better now. I had my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago and the shakes were most helpful as a way of eating without aggravating my mouth...there are more benefits to this diet!!! x

No im not feeling better woke up twice and now im up at 5.28, waiting for pills to kick in, then i can go back to bed for a couple of hours, im sooo tired of this, will be good to get a good nights sleepxx

Really, thats good to know! And Freee. Im not very good at travelling on my own, and have no one to come with me as my sis is having her baby today, so everyone is rallying around her.

Awwww Lynn, I'm reading this thrad and really feeling for you. My teeth have been the bain of my life. Ive had nothing but trouble with them since i was pregnant 36 years ago. Ive had so much pain, and I agree with the other posters, tooth pain is one of the most horrible pains to deal with. Hope it is soon sorted for you.
Lynne x

Hi Lynn

What about finding a private dentist that may let you split the cost?

Also, I have found really, on the occassions I have gone private - the difference in cost was really pretty minimal.

At this point, I would say sod it and pay - even if I had to put on a credit card.

Its no good being in pain.

Could you do that? Or what about the A&E - did you ask about that?

I have managed to get a dentist but i cant register with him til the 14th oct so thats one step.
I dont have the money atm to get to london or to use private, as im self employed and i dont have any kids, the nurseries are taking them all..boo.
I dont have credit card either
Im going to nip to chemist soon see what they have

I have been crying as soon as i come off phone from nhs. I have just been to buy some nurofen see how i go, they did say they will ring me if there is a cancellation.

I tend to agree with LS - I would go in in person, show them your condition and beg for an earlier appointment. Waiting 2 weeks when you have a problem now is not very good. SUrely they could squeeze you in. I mean its not like any doctor or dentist in this country ever sees the patient on time for thie appointment, so what diff does it make if they have to push a few back,.

Or again, A&E. SUrely there is a dental clinic at your hospital??

Back