I won't be marrying Mr Warburton this week

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Not with what I have just taken out of the oven anyway. It was supposed to be home made bread with olives and sun dried tomatoes (not for me) but a house brick just doesn't do it justice. Its more along the lines of block paveing and just as hard wearing. To say it has a crust is an understatement, its more an impregnable coat of armour and the fight it put up against my bread knife, well, the bread won the first round. Any furture slices will need a hack saw at the very least. O/H and kids may well need dentures tomorrow thats if they are brave enough to even approach the darn thing. Don't know what went wrong my bread is usually not bad, but this one, well, it's enough to turn Mr Warburton to drink or even worse, he might join Hovis.

So breads off tonights menu for the family, oh well they will just have to have the jam on its own lol.

aw poor you, i hve done dodgy as well last week making shepards pie and putting two big tbsp of dried mixed herbs in the mash - i would not adivse to do. plus it was meant to go in the mince that is what happens when your worn out lol

Oh Charlotte, that reminds me of some fruit rock cakes I made when we were first married, my in-laws were coming to Sunday tea and my MIL was a first class cook and baker - well my rock cakes were just that...like rocks, they would have made brilliant door stops, luckily MIL bought a beautiful iced Victoria sponge with her so we did have some cake for tea, needless to say my rock cakes were well hidden out of sight in the bin....if I had given them to the birds they would never have been able to fly off again, LOL.....

Back