I would like to do a green day

elleceejay

I am currently doin ee but I am not sure if its working for me, I was gonna try doing a few green days but I am not attending the meetings so I don't know what I am/ not allowed to eat, can anybody advise me

Hi I have just popped in here on my T break so havnt got time to go into detail but if you check out some of the diaries they will give you an idea of what you can and cant eat on a green day.

The basics are Red Days = Protien ie, meat etc
Green day = Carbs ie, potatoes, pasta etc.

Hope this helps I am sure someone who has got a bit more time will come along later and explain a bit more in detail.

I have this printed out so I remember what I'm allowed... If any of it is incorrect please someone let me know as I don't attend classes either! This is just a rought guide of things I like to eat :)

GREEN DAYS - Free Foods
Rice
Pasta
Potatoes
Pulses / Lentils
Grains
Baked beans

PLUS FOODS FREE ON BOTH green and red DAYS -
Fruit // Most Veg // Eggs // Bovril // Herbs // Soy Sauce // Passata
Mullerlight Yoghurts // Shape Zero Yoghurts

Then you are allowed to choose 2 things a day from this list:
Chicken 113g
Beef /Steak 85g
Bacon 85g
Ham 85g
Pork 100g
(these are all raw weights).
cod 142g
Tinned tuna in brine or spring water 113g
Cereals
Weetabix x 2
Fruit n Fibre 28g
Alpen light bar x 2
Any wholemeal bread - 57g
400g loaf x 2 slice
Wholemeal Pitta only from Asda, Co-op
Ryvita Wholegrain Cracker bread – 6
Original ryvita ryebread – 4
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp

And 2 things from this list
175mls of full fat milk
250ml of semi skimmed milk
350ml of skimmed milk
Cheese
Full fat cheddar - 28g
Laughing Cow Light - 5 triangles

Hope this helps :) xx

Green days are all about pasta, rice, beans and pulses. You can also have peas, potatos and sweetcorn free on these days too. Things like Batcherlors Sav rice and a lot of the pasta n Sauces are free on green, as is chick pea dahl by Asda which is yummy.

You can have 2 HEXB's and either 1 or 2 HEXA's. You can have meat / fish as either a HEXB or syned.Have you got a weigh in book? All the 'rules' for red/green days are in there along with lists of HEX and syns. Hope this has helped. x

Green days are dead easy. Just steer clear of meat and fish, and remember to have 2 Hex Bs, and 1 or 2 Hex As. Get your head around that first - the Hex As and Bs are the same as EE.

Then, if you do want some meat with a meal, you can have it as a Hex B, just double check it on the list that Queen Bizzle has kindly written up. Or, check the amount and syn it.

Red and Green confused the hell out of me to start with, but I think it's easier to just forget the extra B choices on each plan until you've got your head round the basics. Hope that helps!

^^^^ what???

Did you do a green day hun? How did you get on?
I did green yesterday, had spanish omelette and salad for lunch and mixed bean chilli and rice for dinner. That's a classic green day for me!

I miss meat too much on green days! It seems like you get more in the way of healthy extras on a red day - for example around 200g of potato to go with your meat on a red day, but if you want some chicken with your pasta on a green day you only get around 100g... (or something like that)

However - I do love all the pasta :)

Back