ibreastfeeding newborn sw to cc

Hi all I am a mum to two.babies one is 7 weeks old and the other 2 yrs old. I have been a avid follower of sw and lost 2.5 stone after my first son. But left as it was becoming a problem going to class to weigh every week. I later put back on the weight. And another stone after giving birth a second time. Anyway was bout to restart sw when I came across my fitness pal and realise all.the foods are there I can add to.my phone app. Save myself a fiver a week. I also don't have to worry about green days red days and healthy extras which I just don't have
the time. Soo I am so.excited to.start cc. It was advised I eat 1200 cAlories but I know that's too low for breastfeeding exclusive.

Cam anyone help on what I should increase to? I have 5 stone to lose. I have heard 1800 is a good figure? Factoring in about 500 for breastfeeding.

Any advice would be grateful?

Hiya, congratulations on your baby.
I'm a mum to a 4 year old and 11 month old.
I've got about 7lb extra that I want to lose. I have lost my baby weight now. I put on 4 stone with my little boy. I lost my baby weight by breastfeeding really but did try sw too. I've been doing cc for just over a month now and have lost about 6lb so far. I have 1900 which includes 200 cal for breastfeeding although my son is also on solids now.
I hope you find cc as great as I do. X

By the way I'd personally if I was exclusively breastfeeding I'd stick to 1900 in total or maybe 2000 as you will burn the cals feeding plus your body needs it as does your baby. Good luck x

hi, i to am breastfeeding (but topping up with formula at night-in the hope of more sleep) i've been having 1500-2000 i keep changing so my body doesn't get used to a set amount of cals. Congrats on your new arrival! i to have 8 week old and just turned 2 year old- god, its flaming hard work!! my 1st was great at sleeping, not my 2nd!

Hiya!!

When I was breast feeding my daughter I used myfitnesspal and was allowed 1200as my target and 500 extra as I was exclusively breatfeedjng.

The weight did just fall off....unfortunately when I stopped feeding her (at 12 months) a little of it crept back on, oops!

Good luck x

hi, i to am breastfeeding (but topping up with formula at night-in the hope of more sleep) i've been having 1500-2000 i keep changing so my body doesn't get used to a set amount of cals. Congrats on your new arrival! i to have 8 week old and just turned 2 year old- god, its flaming hard work!! my 1st was great at sleeping, not my 2nd!

Hiya thanks for your post on breastfeeding and cc. I see you also have young babies. It's tough isn't it. How are you coping?

Back