ibs & slimming world

mandieing

have recently joined slimming world, but having great difficulty on finding things to eat, as i have IBS & cannot eat brown bread,& most fruits & diary ! help any ideas please

That is pretty tricky, but if you can eat veg still achievable. I don't eat bread either.

Are you ok with pasta, rice, cous cous, jacket potato etc? If so there are lots of meals you can do with those.

My fave thing at the mo is a large uncooked jacket potato, cut into wedges with skin on, par boil it until soft, put on an oven try sprayed with frylight and season with salt, pepper and spices. I like it with salad and steak, or chicken etc.

Do you like roasted veg? Peppers, onions, butternut squash, cherry toms, pop them in oven until soft, serve with meat and potato or pasta/rice
risotto? Butternut squash risotto is nice, made without oil/butter, just a bit of frylite, then sprinkle parmesan on the top from your healthy extra

Also I love a sw breakfast, bacon with fat cut off, poached egg, loads of mushrooms, beans, halved tomato grilled, and some low syn sausages morrisons eat smart are good (1/2 syn i think) no need for bread then :)

Hope that helps give you some ideas

Good luck, and you can do it :)

xxx

mandieing said:
have recently joined slimming world, but having great difficulty on finding things to eat, as i have IBS & cannot eat brown bread,& most fruits & diary ! help any ideas please

Hiya

I have IBS as well and Im affraid it is just a process of illimination. I cant eat brocolli, aubergine, baked beans, apples, lamb, etc etc without suffering!

Almost on a daily basis I find something that doesnt agree with me.

When I had colonic hydrotherapy I was given some really good advice about IBS, Like not eating fruit as a pudding because it ferments in your stomach and causes gas etc I really advise getting it done if u can afford it!

I don't eat dairy either! Find it hard to shove my hexa into the plan coz soya milk is vile!!! :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

bevhunter1986 said:
I don't eat dairy either! Find it hard to shove my hexa into the plan coz soya milk is vile!!! :/

Have you tried alpro soya light? I thought it would be awful but I find it tastes nicer than normal milk. And is lovely in porridge and cereal :)

samjay123 said:
Have you tried alpro soya light? I thought it would be awful but I find it tastes nicer than normal milk. And is lovely in porridge and cereal :)

Ewww nah I don't like that at all. Yak! I've tried them all hun. Alpro soya is worst of the lot. The own brand ones seem to be better for me though I still ain't keen x

I really feel for you on the IBS. It's awful and annoying to work around as there is no one-fits-all solution.

I have found that certain foods can trigger my IBS- bread, pasta, rice, beans and cauliflower being the main culprits.

It's a shame you can't eat dairy as I have always found having a regular probiotic eases my bloating. Peppermint tea and pepper mint oil capsules have always been good to ease my symptoms.

Keep a food diary and keep your eye out on what triggers your IBS, without introducing too many factors at once. I found that some foods I can tolerate in small doses providing I don't combine them with any other trigger foods.

I'm following the Original plan, as I can reduce the number of triggers. Which plan are you following?

I hope you find a way around it that suits your individual requirements. :)

thanks for all the the great ideas! it is nice to know i'm not alone.my main problem is snacks,everybody else at my slimming world class seems to live on muller lites yoghurts & fruit which are both free, but which neither can i eat, i do eat alpro soya yoghurts but these are pointed! & not that nice, xxx

Safi said:
I really feel for you on the IBS. It's awful and annoying to work around as there is no one-fits-all solution.

I have found that certain foods can trigger my IBS- bread, pasta, rice, beans and cauliflower being the main culprits.

It's a shame you can't eat dairy as I have always found having a regular probiotic eases my bloating. Peppermint tea and pepper mint oil capsules have always been good to ease my symptoms.

Keep a food diary and keep your eye out on what triggers your IBS, without introducing too many factors at once. I found that some foods I can tolerate in small doses providing I don't combine them with any other trigger foods.

I'm following the Original plan, as I can reduce the number of triggers. Which plan are you following?

I hope you find a way around it that suits your individual requirements. :)

I follow Ee, I don't eat too much bread. Coz that defo bloats me along with dairy that used to as well. Good job I now have intolerances to that ha ha!

xx

Back