IBS & Weighloss

Hazie83

Hi guys

Im just wondering if anyone suffers from IBS & if so how it effects your weight loss? Do you find that slimming world helps or have you come across any issues with it?

Ive maintained this week & think it might be coz Ive been really bloated & windy today (sorry if TMI lol). Ive suffered with it for a couple of years really (it seems to be related to anxiety) but since Ive started SW 8 weeks ago it seems to be getting worse :-(

I dont know if its the plan thats effecting it, or the fact that Im putting more pressure on myself to lose weight or what.

Any opinions/experience/advice would be great x

I have been on the plan since sept last year and have suffered with IBS for years,have found the plan helps it but sometimes goodness knows how it also causes me to get constipated and that effects my weight loss. Find it really puzzling because of the fruit,veg and water I consume on plan I have now found that fbyogel helps kick start me and gets me and the scales moving again x

I know what you mean, Ill be fine for days & then really struggle with it for no apparent reason. Ive been drinking peppermint tea for a few weeks now but it doesnt seem to do much.

I think Ill start doing a detailed food diary with symptoms & see if theres anything in particular that triggers it. And Ill give that fybogel a go - Ive had laxatives before but dont want to start relying on them so that might be a better option.

Do you do extra easy or red/green plans? Im not sure if one plan would be better than the others, I usually do ee but have done a couple of red & green & I did feel less bloated after doing the red day. Hmm definately food for thought x

Hi Hazie - Ive suffered with IBS since I was 3yrs old ( those days they called it a lax bowel) im 51 now. I only do EE and since starting SW 1 yr ago I can count on 1 hand the number of flare ups Ive had with my IBS. I am the opposite to you and never get constipated mine is the other way. A total change of diet seems to have helped as I cook everything from scratch now. I eat very little bread (maybe once a week) I used to love my bread. Its definitely been a positive for me. I think a lot of IBS is down to stress but also I now do really believe it has a lot to do with diet and what we eat.

I keep a diary every day now on here and find it helps me. Pop over for a glance if you wish. Good luck on your journey

Hi texty thanks for your post. Mine varies between constipation & the other, but I seem to be getting more constipation since starting sw for some reason.

I ended up going out last night & had a load of cider which always gets me moving so am feeling better today apart from the hangover lol but I dread to think how many syns I had!

Ill have a nose at your diary & get some tips, thanks x

Lol I stopped drinking cider years ago purely cos of the hangovers. Were you out on the toon lol

Yeah I was lol. Its one hell of a hangover but I cant just blame the cider as I also had some cocktails which might have played a part! Oops haha x

Back