Puddings Ice-cream Machine and Ice-cream Update

Mmmmm what are these actually like? I was never really going to do this but Ive seen a decent one for 20 squid so kinda thinking what the hell... But Im only really a fan of 'proper' ice cream eg Haagen Dasz, Ben & Jerry's, Green & Black's... I dont think Id want it if its like a frozen Muller or cheapo supermarket-own-brand stuff (although at 20 squid... :rolleyes: :D )

I would be using the more creamy Total 2% I think, or have a go at the tofu idea?

Happy with the one I got.. Ben and Jerry's actually have an ice cream recipe book out to use with an ice cream maker..

I dont mean the machine, I mean the ice cream that comes out of it :D Is it more like a creamy Haagen-Dasz/Ben & Jerrys kind f thing, using the ingredients we do, or is it more like a frozen Muller light/cheapo supermarket own-brand ice cream? If the katter then I probably dont want one, if the former then I do.

I think you can tell that it is frozen yogurt, but until last night I have never eaten it so no idea if tastes the same shop brought frozen yogurt..but all I used was muller light yogurts, so can't comment on taste with other ingredients.. Sorry

i just had a toffee muller in the ice cream machine and put on chopped banana mixed it in omg so much better than just pouring over yogurt

My ice cream maker seems to get stuck.after about 5-10mins even added mix through hole
is this supposed to happen? Its the kenwood one from amazon cheers Lisa

jaffacat said:
My ice cream maker seems to get stuck.after about 5-10mins even added mix through hole
is this supposed to happen? Its the kenwood one from amazon cheers Lisa

No it should turn until its frozen and ready to eat.
It sets like a Whippy icecream. If you want it harder it needs to Jo in the freezer.

It isn't like Ben and Jerrys - because it's not cream. I have made real icecream - using eggs and cream and all the naughty stuff and it was delicious. For me it's lovely in summer - and it feels naughty!! Frozen tofu is yummy - I haven't tried Greek yog but would imagine it to be creamier!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's what I'm trying next Greek yogurt... Might just try some crunched up maltesers in with it.

sookie said:
That's what I'm trying next Greek yogurt... Might just try some crunched up maltesers in with it.

I made some yog with crunched up Maltesers - it was yummy

sookie said:
Will so be going to the shop tomorrow

Yum -check out the early part of this thread for some ideas!!

Kx

I did that's what made my mind up for me regarding buying an ice cream maker lol

sookie said:
I did that's what made my mind up for me regarding buying an ice cream maker lol

Lol

Oh my god those recipes look amazing! I am going buying an ice cream maker after work lol or I might invest in the attachment to my kenwood haha most of these totally syn free? The ones with choccy in I'm guessing you just count syn value of the choc? X

Kwise1 said:
No it should turn until its frozen and ready to eat.
It sets like a Whippy icecream. If you want it harder it needs to Jo in the freezer.

It isn't like Ben and Jerrys - because it's not cream. I have made real icecream - using eggs and cream and all the naughty stuff and it was delicious. For me it's lovely in summer - and it feels naughty!! Frozen tofu is yummy - I haven't tried Greek yog but would imagine it to be creamier!!

Kx

Thanks will try again x

Have just bought the Andrew James one on amazon, £27.90 inc delivery, listed as a which best buy. Have read through all the posts and looking forward to try it all out.

Beautifullily said:
Have just bought the Andrew James one on amazon, £27.90 inc delivery, listed as a which best buy. Have read through all the posts and looking forward to try it all out.

Let me know how this one goes, it's either this one, ken wood or that glacier one for me and I just can't decide lol x

Beautifullily said:

That's the one I brought.. So far I'm happy with it. Enjoy yours

Well it arrived today, put the bowl straight in the freezer and got some Onken strawberry fat free yoghurt whilst shopping. Took 20 mins to churn and hey presto. My girls weren't too keen, but that's fine more for me! I've only had a small taste for now, going to have some with fresh strawberries in a bit, so I've put it in the freezer.

Very pleased with my purchase, off to jot down all the recipes I want to try now.

Back