Iceland anyone?

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
Does anyone do their weekly/monthly shopping from Iceland? I know that there are a few things that are recommended in the magazines as being free on red and green, but do any of you get your food shopping from there?

I usually go to Tesco, but when I got my Xmas party food in Iceland, I thought how much good value the food was but before I switch to Iceland, I just wanted your opinions. Sorry waffling on now!!

Hi
Have been to Iceland twice in the last week (mostly for non SW buffet food):p - had forgotten how good it was - certainly going to go more in 2009 for SW food - really good value.
I am thinking of switching to Tesco as their vegetarian range is excellent although Asda is on my door step.
A new year thought - to have more shopping delivered then I should spend less.:D
Irene

I occasionally go to Iceland but only for ther non SW party platter kinda things! X

Hi
Have been to Iceland twice in the last week (mostly for non SW buffet food):p - had forgotten how good it was - certainly going to go more in 2009 for SW food - really good value.
I am thinking of switching to Tesco as their vegetarian range is excellent although Asda is on my door step.
A new year thought - to have more shopping delivered then I should spend less.:D
Irene

Hey Irene! what stuff do u get from asda/tescos in the vegi range?
im trying 2 eat a bigger variety of stuff. isnt going 2 well so far:eek:

I dont think its easy to do a whole shop in Iceland but its good and cheap for the standby's like frozen Veg n fish i tend to do a whammo blitz in there and fill the freezer with the above and then hit Farmfoods for frozen fruit (as its cheaper there) but I tend to do the actual proper weekly shop in Tesco's n Asda as they have more selection and the fresh fruit n veg is a lot better quality and they have a greater range of stuff to pick from.

aint it weird where we all go? i work at tesco's and hate it i shop at asda's and get a lot of my frozen stuff from herons- they're a lot cheaper than farmfoods

When I shop at Asda I buy their meat free range; mince, beef chunks and lincolnshire sausage.
Prefer the above to the quorn mince and sausage.
When I shop at Tesco I buy; Mince, bacon, sausage which IMO is the nicer range.
Although it is a couple of syns as opposed to quorn mince and sausage.
Irene

I popped into Lidls and they had no fresh meat at all. So I went to Tesco again. I am just getting fed up of spending over £100 every week, so I am thinking of alternatives. Now we have got rid of all the party food, there is loads of room in the freezer so I think I will go to Iceland on Monday.

The main things I buy are meat (usually spend about £15 on meat), pasta and "kid" food. If that makes sense. That's why I can't understand why my food bills are so high.

I haven't been to iceland in ages, will need to go and stock up my freezer. I love morrisons, i'm not very keen on tesco here, it is great for non food items but i find that they have very little stock now they have discontinued a lot of their stuff.

I work in Iceland lol They have some good deals there at the moment :) xxx

i have crohns disease and have to watch what i eat in terms of what is in food. so I stay awy from ready meals and pre packet food, so i tent to buy everything i need from morrisons and meat from my butcher ( i used to buy meat from supermarket too until my beloved saw a dispatches program dissing supermarket meat and delis) i no longer let him watch programs like this otherwise i will end up bing like babara good in the good life and being self sufficient

Back