Iceland anyone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SpaceAngel, 31 December 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone do their weekly/monthly shopping from Iceland? I know that there are a few things that are recommended in the magazines as being free on red and green, but do any of you get your food shopping from there?

I usually go to Tesco, but when I got my Xmas party food in Iceland, I thought how much good value the food was but before I switch to Iceland, I just wanted your opinions. Sorry waffling on now!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Have been to Iceland twice in the last week (mostly for non SW buffet food):p - had forgotten how good it was - certainly going to go more in 2009 for SW food - really good value.
    I am thinking of switching to Tesco as their vegetarian range is excellent although Asda is on my door step.
    A new year thought - to have more shopping delivered then I should spend less.:D
    Irene

4. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I occasionally go to Iceland but only for ther non SW party platter kinda things! X

5. cjtj

cjtj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey Irene! what stuff do u get from asda/tescos in the vegi range?
    im trying 2 eat a bigger variety of stuff. isnt going 2 well so far:eek:

6. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

I dont think its easy to do a whole shop in Iceland but its good and cheap for the standby's like frozen Veg n fish i tend to do a whammo blitz in there and fill the freezer with the above and then hit Farmfoods for frozen fruit (as its cheaper there) but I tend to do the actual proper weekly shop in Tesco's n Asda as they have more selection and the fresh fruit n veg is a lot better quality and they have a greater range of stuff to pick from.

7. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    aint it weird where we all go? i work at tesco's and hate it i shop at asda's and get a lot of my frozen stuff from herons- they're a lot cheaper than farmfoods

8. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    When I shop at Asda I buy their meat free range; mince, beef chunks and lincolnshire sausage.
    Prefer the above to the quorn mince and sausage.
    When I shop at Tesco I buy; Mince, bacon, sausage which IMO is the nicer range.
    Although it is a couple of syns as opposed to quorn mince and sausage.
    Irene

9. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I popped into Lidls and they had no fresh meat at all. So I went to Tesco again. I am just getting fed up of spending over £100 every week, so I am thinking of alternatives. Now we have got rid of all the party food, there is loads of room in the freezer so I think I will go to Iceland on Monday.

The main things I buy are meat (usually spend about £15 on meat), pasta and "kid" food. If that makes sense. That's why I can't understand why my food bills are so high.

10. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I haven't been to iceland in ages, will need to go and stock up my freezer. I love morrisons, i'm not very keen on tesco here, it is great for non food items but i find that they have very little stock now they have discontinued a lot of their stuff.

11. MissTango

MissTango Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work in Iceland lol They have some good deals there at the moment :) xxx

12. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have crohns disease and have to watch what i eat in terms of what is in food. so I stay awy from ready meals and pre packet food, so i tent to buy everything i need from morrisons and meat from my butcher ( i used to buy meat from supermarket too until my beloved saw a dispatches program dissing supermarket meat and delis) i no longer let him watch programs like this otherwise i will end up bing like babara good in the good life and being self sufficient

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.