Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Iceland anyone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SpaceAngel, 31 December 2008 Social URL.

1. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone do their weekly/monthly shopping from Iceland? I know that there are a few things that are recommended in the magazines as being free on red and green, but do any of you get your food shopping from there?

I usually go to Tesco, but when I got my Xmas party food in Iceland, I thought how much good value the food was but before I switch to Iceland, I just wanted your opinions. Sorry waffling on now!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Have been to Iceland twice in the last week (mostly for non SW buffet food):p - had forgotten how good it was - certainly going to go more in 2009 for SW food - really good value.
    I am thinking of switching to Tesco as their vegetarian range is excellent although Asda is on my door step.
    A new year thought - to have more shopping delivered then I should spend less.:D
    Irene

4. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I occasionally go to Iceland but only for ther non SW party platter kinda things! X

5. cjtj

cjtj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey Irene! what stuff do u get from asda/tescos in the vegi range?
    im trying 2 eat a bigger variety of stuff. isnt going 2 well so far:eek:

6. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

I dont think its easy to do a whole shop in Iceland but its good and cheap for the standby's like frozen Veg n fish i tend to do a whammo blitz in there and fill the freezer with the above and then hit Farmfoods for frozen fruit (as its cheaper there) but I tend to do the actual proper weekly shop in Tesco's n Asda as they have more selection and the fresh fruit n veg is a lot better quality and they have a greater range of stuff to pick from.

7. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    aint it weird where we all go? i work at tesco's and hate it i shop at asda's and get a lot of my frozen stuff from herons- they're a lot cheaper than farmfoods

8. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    When I shop at Asda I buy their meat free range; mince, beef chunks and lincolnshire sausage.
    Prefer the above to the quorn mince and sausage.
    When I shop at Tesco I buy; Mince, bacon, sausage which IMO is the nicer range.
    Although it is a couple of syns as opposed to quorn mince and sausage.
    Irene

9. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I popped into Lidls and they had no fresh meat at all. So I went to Tesco again. I am just getting fed up of spending over £100 every week, so I am thinking of alternatives. Now we have got rid of all the party food, there is loads of room in the freezer so I think I will go to Iceland on Monday.

The main things I buy are meat (usually spend about £15 on meat), pasta and "kid" food. If that makes sense. That's why I can't understand why my food bills are so high.

10. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I haven't been to iceland in ages, will need to go and stock up my freezer. I love morrisons, i'm not very keen on tesco here, it is great for non food items but i find that they have very little stock now they have discontinued a lot of their stuff.

11. MissTango

MissTango Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work in Iceland lol They have some good deals there at the moment :) xxx

12. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have crohns disease and have to watch what i eat in terms of what is in food. so I stay awy from ready meals and pre packet food, so i tent to buy everything i need from morrisons and meat from my butcher ( i used to buy meat from supermarket too until my beloved saw a dispatches program dissing supermarket meat and delis) i no longer let him watch programs like this otherwise i will end up bing like babara good in the good life and being self sufficient

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.