I'd forgotten how much I LOVE Slimming World!

stivesliz

Gold Member
So after my 3 month scoff fest and then returning to a new class last Thursday I felt like a new girl for the first couple of days.

I grabbed my Frylite from the back of the cupboard, I bought fruit!! ( and have eaten it too and not just had it for show lol) I trawled through all my recipes, I read my starter pack from cover to cover ( which is just as well as some of the weights had changed) and I had my first delicious 'grill up' for brekkie yesterday - bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc etc etc.

And last night as I sat full and happy after a lovely chilli con carne made in the slow cooker with lean stewing steak ( it tastes much nicer than mince) I thought to myself how much I love the SW food and how much I had missed it.

Eating the SW way has become so much part of my life over the last couple of years but that 3 months that I didn't do it I can't say I enjoyed as much as I shall enjoy sourcing lovely food for my recipes and starting to feel good about myself again.
Dont get me wrong, it wasn't pies every night at our house - it was the inner rebel in me that made me splash veg oil over my roast potatoes when I have happily eaten Frylite roasties for months, throwing butter on my beans on toast when I normally am quite happy with a laughing cow light and horror of horrors - full thruster coke instead of my usual diet one.

Bring on the next few months of me learning to love what I put in my mouth and body again!

Hey I didn't realise it was three months:eek:

I also got the new pack when I went on Thursday, I've had a flick through, but obviously need to take a proper look as I didn't realise some of the weights had changed. Did you get the magazine as well, I always buy the mag & it's usually ok, nothing special, just ok, anyhow I thought this one was brill, full of help & inspiration to get re-started.

It is just simple changes we make with SW that help, I've now got used to having less cheese on my cheese on toast, & having fat free yogurts etc.

I'm rejoining Tuesday I can't wait, I as well really enjoy slimming world when I am doing it. It is so easy to slip back in to bad habits though.

I'm re joined last Mon but am starting properly tomorrow as I 'CLEARED UP' the remaining chocs etc in the house. I did it for two days but I did enjoy thinking about what I'm eating before I shoved it in.

I know sw works after losing 2 St to get into my wedding dress, 5 years, 2 kids later and I finally feel like I'm ready to actual start and stick to it and get to target with is 1.5 St away.
Good luck everyone x

Great thread Hun :)
i too love slimming world and even have the same initials lol (Stacey Wilsoncroft) lol!!!

I love how the plan works, the fact you're never starving and not having to count calories.

Ive made some amazing friends here and couldn't do it without you all xxxx

Good luck everyone who's restarting :)

I love slimming world and can't imagine ever going completely off but do know how easy it is to let things slip in, like a few extra treats or butter ect. It's great to have a plan that your always happy to go back to though :) It's amazing how great the meals are that we can have. We've just had kiev's with chips and coleslaw (one of my highest synned meals actually at 6) but its amazing that you can eat things like that and still loose weight, massive burgers, chilli, anything really!

Back