I'd like to start CD again BUT...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Treacle, 13 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Treacle

Treacle Guest

I had such an painful experience after being constipated and having to use supposatires last time that I'm wary of trying it again. I was drinking 3-4 litres of water a day so it couldn't have been lack of fluids.

How can I stop this happening again? Don't want to get into taking laxatives all the time. Even the Fibre89 didn't help (which I must admit I did only take for a week).

I did eat a frozen tetra every night, could it have been those?

What to do, I could so do with losing a couple of stone and just can't stick to Weight watchers. :(

Any advice for me please, I'd really appreciate it.

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hiya

How about trying psyllium husks, I know alot of people have them in their soups every day or make porridge out of them and they are supposed to be really effective.

Gxx

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

first cause of constipation is lack of sufficient water in the diet ... you say you had 3-4 litres so it can't have been down to that ... but perhaps an additional 500ml to 1litre would have made all the difference. As Porgeous says, also try incorporating psyllium husks into the diet as a PREVENTATIVE measure - so ensure you take it every day. It works for me. Some don't find it so helpful but maybe they are the people who have a little more trouble in that department at the best of times even when not on the diet? don't know, just a thought.

hope you do well with what ever you do

5. ast

ast Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I can only echo the psyllium husks, wonderful things!
    You do need to drink extra with the tetras though but 4 litres should cover that...
    Good luck with what ever you chose.

6. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Diet:
    CD
    good luck to you, I concur with the other's about the psyllium husks, or alternatively you could try going on 880 (or 790) whatever it is these days LOL.. That would incorporate some vegetables in your diet, which should help cos it'll bulk you up

7. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I had a pretty bad toilet experience last week too. Since then I have been taking the fibresure capsules. I take 2 every morning and it's keeping me regular.

8. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

I bought some capsules on Saturday - brilliant, just brilliant :D

9. Treacle

Treacle Guest

Thanks girls, I was going to get some Fibre89, but would the psyllium husks (where do i get these??) or Fibresure be better.

I so want to shift at least a stone, but am terrified of going through that pain again.

Seeing CDC tomorrow, so will be starting on Thursday! :)

x

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Healthspan Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub for the husks .... great to make porridge, thicken soups. Or Holland and Barrat do Coloncare in powder or capsules but are more expensive ... but not as "gritty" as husks from Healthspan.

Agree about 790/810 meals with plenty of cauliflower/broccoli/sprouts/cabbage.

11. Skatie

Skatie Nearly "Normal"

Diet:
    Started on Lipotrim, on Cambridge now!!
    i buy my psyllium husks from ebay and can't believe how amazing they are, i had real problems before and i was adding fibre powder to every shake and everything.

But the husks (i have mine as porridge) are an absolute godsend.

12. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Yep i agree, the husks are brill :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.