Ideas for a SW friendly raffle prize

mandy296

Silver Member
Hi all,

looking for a bit of inspiration here. Its our last SW class before christmas next week, and its going to be a bit of a party/taster session with a decent raffle as well. Normally we have little SW friendly prizes (a can of chickpeas, mugshots, tin of tuna etc) but for christmas we are going to add some decent prizes.

Most are funded by the consultant from the raffle contributions gathered over the year, but I was going to get something as well - reason being, I got a Joes sausage order for a few people in group - we ordered enough packs to qualify for a 10% discount, and a lot of folks agreed to offer up their discount to fund a raffle prize.

We dont have a huge amount - only £6 - but its still enough to get something slightly better than a tin of toms!

I dont really want to get something non SW friendly - people will have enough temptation over christmas without another box of chocs/bottle of wine to deal with.

Any ideas? Doesnt have to be food - just something nice. There are a couple of guys in our group so something appealing to men and women would be best.

Would appreciate some suggestions

Asda have had a spell of offering things like rice cooker, slow cooker quite cheap, you could take a look there & see if there is anything.

A fancy egg timer? Something for the kitchen? A fruit bowl?

I think I'm leaning towards kitchen gadget type ideas, would be good if some of those ASDA offers were still on but I think I'd be lucky to get the £7 slow cooker right now.

I personally love kitchen gadgets - if there was a Lakeland in my home city I'd spend a fortune in there!

What about a pineapple corer?

They're always such a pain to prepare and people have raved about them on here :)

I've actually ordered one for me from "I Want One of Those" - and I'm too selfish to offer it up for the raffle - not sure there is time to order another one to be delivered before Tuesday. If I had a lakeland nearby I could go and buy one.

Maybe a potato ricer - a friend has one and raves about it for smooth mash, and I've read about making cauliflower "rice" on these boards - great for original and Success Express days.

How about something wacky like a joke toilet roll
bea005_jokes_toilet_roll_300roll.jpg

A USB mug warmer for keeping your tea, coffee or SW soup warm whilst you are on the computer.

obs033.jpg

I think this is a great gadget but slightly over budget at £8 from John Lewis. It is a 4 in 1 gadget.

You can use it to measure, stir and serve pasta, then dry it off and use it to grate Parmesan over the top!
. Made from stainless steel and presented in a gift box. It's by Sagaform.

Hope this has at least amused you a little even if it hasn't helped,

hugs xxx

I've actually ordered one for me from "I Want One of Those" - and I'm too selfish to offer it up for the raffle - not sure there is time to order another one to be delivered before Tuesday. If I had a lakeland nearby I could go and buy one.

Maybe a potato ricer - a friend has one and raves about it for smooth mash, and I've read about making cauliflower "rice" on these boards - great for original and Success Express days.

I have too! Ordered it on 9th and it was only dispatched today. Seems there were some stock issues ;) Hahaha wonder why!

As for a potato ricer I may try that myself as I always struggle to get smooth mash so thanks for the tip. :)

I've actually just gone back on to the IWOOT website and ordered another pinapple corer- copied and pasted the same discount code that was on the "bargains" thread and seemed to go through okay, so looks like I've got it for £3.95 again, and have another couple of quid to spend on a raffle prize!

I'm assuming the one i've ordered already will arrive in time (got the same stock issue email) but I can donate that one and wait a few more days for the second one for me.

Thanks for the ideas all

my tesco has slow cookers for £7, i won one last year in the raffle, never seen my son move so fast to run and get it of the table!

Have you got a TK Maxx nearby? I find them amazing for a really good selection of decent, cheap kitchen gadgets.

Got my potato ricer from there and think when I move back out of my dad's, i'll struggle to get it back off him!!

In the last few weeks have bought myself a pineapple corer in lakeland and a potato ricer in tkmaxx dont know how i lived so long without them the pineapple corer is fantastic and saves a fortune instead of buying the wee packs in asda or tesco and most pineapples are around a £1 at the minute

Are pineapples really that hard to cut? I've never found them a problem!!

Back