Extra Easy Days Ideas for breakfast on the go!

catmai_87

I seem to have a big problem finding something to take to work for breakfast every morning. I always end up having a bread roll with meat but would prefer not to use my B option on breakfast every morning. Any ideas??:)

When I'm in a rush I normally grab a mullerlight yog and a bit of cereal like museli to pop on top of it. X

thats my problem i hate muller lights and nly like sweet cereals!! thanks tho might have to teach myself to like these things!x

I know it would use your B choice but how about Alpen Lights? That is sweet cereal!!

You can have 2 for a HEB so tat should fill you up.

Or how about a sauage sandwich? Using Bowyers sandwhiches. But again that is your B.

I am not being much help!!

Last edited:
Rice pudding?

Cereal - I've recently discovered crunchy bran and you get good amount for your HEB. If you like it sweet add sweetener or honey. I take it to work in a box and just add milk when I get there

Breakfast quiche made the night before?

Porridge?

Defo gunna try alpen bars b easy at work and filling!!

The breakfast quiche has any1 got a receipe for it? im useless with cooking but should give it more of a try if its gunna help!

Sausage s/wich sounds good even if it means im using my bread how many syns are the Bowyers sausages??

I have exactly the same problem, i love extra easy plan and have found it very successful for me but unless you have an extra half an hour in the morning to cook food (I would much prefer that half hour in bed) you can only eat fruit or end up using your 1 healthy b and i really like to save this for evenings.
If someone comes up with an answer to this, it would be great.

I work a lot of earlies (nurse in ITU) and breakfast is essential for me because I don't always get a break for hours and hours, so I always give myself time to whip up a quick omlette (takes me literally 2 mins) or heat up some porridge in the micro- again 2 minutes! (I am a quick eater though!!) If I don't allow myself time for brekkie I know I'll snack later on in the day on the wrong things and not just that but I'll feel ill and faint in work!! I'd rather have a few mins less sleep than let this happen!X

How about a clear soup?

or a rosti? You could make these the night before.

Grate potatoes into a clean teatowel then twist the teatowel to remove excess moisture, mix with spring onions/bacon or other flavour full foods, add an egg to bind with plenty of seasoning (If you are eating this cold you need a tad more seasoning).
pour the mixture into a very shallow dish sprayed with frylight and cook in the oven until golden and crispy. serve in wedges.
I reckon a slice of ham on top of that would work a treat. You can also make small ones like fritters and fry them in frylight in a frypan.

I take 2 Activia FF and 2 Alpen light and then I get a banana from our sandwich man. I don't eat the second Activia until 11:30ish and if I've not eaten it by then I save it for an afternoon snack to get me through from 13:00 until I go home at 4, 5 or 6!

2 alpen lights!! is a deffo! I always have weetabix maybe that somthing you could wrap up in foil then just add milk? I love weetabix as there is no weighing inovled and its quick and easy.Ive stayed away from bread first thing....actually all the time now!

are omletts nice cold then or re-heated??

rosti sounds like a good idea are they syn free??

defo gunna try the alpen bars seem to b the top choice.

Ive been doin slimming world on and off for 4 years and this has always been my problem but love the plan the rest of the time seems to work for me if i jst learn to stick with it this time!!xx

Thanks everyone!!;)

How about a potato hash - you can make the night before (make a big batch) and just heat up in the morning, or even eat cold.

Take either a couple of large baking potatoes, or some new potatoes (keep skin on - I prefer as gives extra flavour) and dice into half inch cubes.

Par boil for about 5 mins and drain.

In a large frying pan, heat some frylight and add the potato, a chopped onion, a chopped green pepper and 1/2 tin of lean corned beef hash (Princes Corned Beef, Lean, canned 100g [2 Syns on Extra Easy // Original 2 Syns]).

Season with salt and pepper and some worcestershire sauce to taste. I like to cook it for quite a bit so the potatoes goes all crispy.

You can vary the amounts of ingredients to taste.

The Rosti would be Syn free on Green and EE

Firm omelettes (Think Frittata rather than a one minute omelette) are lovely cold.
Use leftover cooked new potatoes, onions, peas, peppers, or whatever you have left over in the fridge beat four eggs with plenty of seasoning, cook slowly over a low heat for 10 minutes until mostly set and the bottom is browned then flash under a hot grill just to brown the top. You could use your HEXa and use some cheese. Personally I don't like cheese for breakfast but each to his own!

BTW never use red onion, it turns the frittata blue overnight and looks horrid!

Yes I agree, a frittata type thing is lovely cold! I haven't had a 'normal' omlette cold to be honest but there'd be nothing wrong with cooking one the night before and quickly heating it up for 30 secs in the microwave before work!! Here I go again trying to get you to eat brekkie at home!!LOL!!X

That sounds delish! I'm gonna have to try this one myself!! Yum yum! X

Well these should keep me going for atleast a week of no breakfast bread problem!!

Wish I did have enough time every morning to get up and have brekki at home just love my bed to much!

Gunna have to print all these recepies off and give them a go, cant wait now they even seem so much more appealing than bread anyways! thanks for all the help always good to have someone to help!!

I take a tub of defrosted cherries (asda's are sweet) mixed with fat free greek yoghurt with an added sprinkle of splenda. It is lovely and surprisingly filling. (And I can't usually eat fruit on an empty stomach).

I always hard boil several eggs on a Sunday and keep them in the fridge for the week. Easy quick filling but smelly lolxxx

Back