Ideas for taster session?

lucylupin

Our leader told us today that we are having one next week,anyone got any ideas of what i can take? We have never had one before so i am not sure what to expect:confused:

Hi we had one last week. Some of the things people bought were, Brocolli & Potato Bake (me :D) Lasagne Crisps, Rice Pudding, Fruit in Jelly, Hungarian Sauce, Quorn Bean and brussel Casserole, Fruit Crumble. HTH

I made quiche for our taster last week. Other people made banoffee pud (chopped banana, topped with toffee mullerlight, topped with quark and sprinkled with alpen bar), rice and veggies, cous cous cake, and mini cakes.

We are having ours tomorrow, and I have made quiche. Looks yum, and I want to eat it now!

How about chicken liver pate? Or a pasta salad?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/104204-pasta-salad.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/89755-black-bean-salad-pic.html

Pate
Syn free

Tub of chicken livers (around 450g)
2 onions, chopped
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp mixed herbs
salt & black pepper
pack of bacon medallions (or 8oz bacon), cooked & chopped
fresh herbs (optional)
tub of very low fat fromage frais

Put onion, garlic, & herbs in pan and fry in Fry Light until the onion is soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in a blender or use blender stick and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time (you will only need a couple of tbsp) until the consistency is the same as shop bought pate. This thickens up when left in the fridge. Excellent served on Pagen Krisprolls and always well received on buffet night!

I love the pate!!! So does my 4 year old! Lol

How about the Ferraro Roches?
5 scan bran (I used Rivita original instead), 3tbsp nutella, 3tbsp golden syrup.

Soften scan bran in hot water until crumbly, mix in all other ingrediants and make into 18 balls.
Put in cake cases and stick in fridge until firm...delicious!

roughly 1 syn each.

mmm that pate sounds delicious, something I have not had in ages.
How about salsa and a garlic and herb dip with spicy potato wedges.

Thanks for all the replies,i have plenty of choices and they all sound really lovely:eating:

Back