Ideas for the consultants

ColJack

Gold Member
I am starting this thread as a place we can all post things we want / would like our "ideal" consultant to do, or for you to post the things that your consultant does that you think would be of benefit for others to do.
------------------------------

I think a whiteboard or flip pad or similar where the members can write a "where the bargains are" list would be great.

A members directory sheet ( voluntary ) where you can put your contact details if you are willing to help out other members etc, and by extension where you can get help should you need it.

A welcome letter / board for all new members explaining the little things that are taken for granted such as the slimmer of the week basket and what a * week is etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

This is such a good idea, ill get my thinking cap on and post back later.

Brilliant idea for a thread!

I'd like to see a list of local restaurants that do slimming world friendly meals! I know they exist, but not all members have access to Facebook. Great info for new starters!

I almost became a consultant once. I would have liked to have set up discounted rates with local businesses (such as beauty parlours) for non food related treats.

I am starting this thread as a place we can all post things we want / would like our "ideal" consultant to do, or for you to post the things that your consultant does that you think would be of benefit for others to do.

I think a whiteboard or flip pad or similar where the members can write a "where the bargains are" list would be great.

A members directory sheet ( voluntary ) where you can put your contact details if you are willing to help out other members etc, and by extension where you can get help should you need it.

A welcome letter / board for all new members explaining the little things that are taken for granted such as the slimmer of the week basket and what a * week is etc.

we had all this in one of the meetings i joined apart from the white board, also had the a lovely welcome letter sent half way through the week telling all about slimmer of the week and every thing and when you joined the consultant gave you a shopping list to help with the first week which i thought was a good touch

I'm not sure why this is off topic?

Anyway, gread thread!

Been thinking that a bowl / basket where you can put vouchers / coupons etc that you don't want would be a good idea.
For instance there is often aldi vouchers in one of the papers but I don't spend enough to use them etc.

My first SW group that I went to had some brilliant ideas. There were three folders, a green, red and orange in each were recipes for all three plans that either the consulatant had loved or other members. Each recipe was photocopied several times and put into plastic wallets. They were free to take providing that one original was left, so she could photocopy some for the following week.

She also has a basket of food wrappers of low syn/free foods stuck to cards with their syn value. It used to really help knowing what the label looked like in the supermarket.

I loved this group and the consultant but unfortunately I had to move house. My current consultant is lovely but not quite as imaginative.

I also enjoy...
-taster days
-weekly challenges
-slimming buddies

There will be others when I have a think. Great thread ColJack!

xx

ColJack said:

Sw already have a 'Lifeline' board for you to write your number on if you want-it's a yellow board, that matches all the rest of the info boards. I would imagine it is available to all groups, all groups round here have them :)

I do recall seeing that once. No one on it and it doesn't come out very often.

I was also thinking for more helpful stuff on the list like minimins web address or useful facebook contacts or SW recipe sites etc.

SW is great and has some good info on the website but lets be honest, there's a lot of support and info on here that you don't get direct from the SW site.

I'd like a folder to be available where people can put in copies of new recipes they've tried. That way people can scan through and if they find something they fancy, take a copy of the recipes for themselves. Our consultant often asks if anyones tried a new recipe, but unless you are on FB no one ever actually gets hold of the recipe you tried

I also like the idea of a book that you can write your detals in so if someone needs help they can contact you. Even if the Lifeline board is available I think I book is a more discreet way of doing things. Some people aren't as happy to bear all their dieting woes to a room of strangers, and I imagine that they would feel a bit exposed having to look at a board.

A list of interesting gifts that are SW friendly, split into categories depending on who its for and how much you want to spend, and local stockists of things which might be a bit random.

5 ways with extra lean mince that don't include shephards pie, chilli, homemade burgers, and bolognese

Boards which show the different continents, and recipes for each of them

What to eat for lunch when you are on the run that doesn't involve burning £10 in M&S on salad and some cooked meat.

Also think they need to be clearer about why you should eat syns and HEX's when you join - so many people seem to think you can skip them and don't understand the health benefits of them

A list of people willing to buddy up for body magic, with days and times of when available, and what activity. Even walking is easier with a friend. Imagine being the only fat bird in a Zumba class etc

Proper queuing systems, no matter where I've gone you have to fight the surging tide to get back from paying to weighing.

Sits vacant board for jobs at the group, I saw this in one group you could put your name forward to do shop/ weigh etc, with a bigger helper base everyone could have time off.

Back