ideas...low syn or syn free dips?

dino4

having a taster session at weigh in soon. thinking of taking potato wedges done in fry light with a dip but apart from a salsa style one what else could i take? something "creamy"

Quark and tuna done in a blender maybe?
Or Quark with spices added (like cajun spice perhaps)...am off to make a mugshot...will have a think while I boil the kettle!

I do finely chopped chilli with chives and mix it into FF natural yoghurt.
Also onion and garlic in yoghurt
Or cheese and onion in yoghurt

Basically all the really fatty creamy ones you get in those dip packs, I try to recreate with yoghurt! They are a bit runnier but just as good.

Also, you could make some hummous too.

how about that garlic and herb low fat cottage cheese, the smooth one. That's free.

Or quark with a smidge of garlic puree is nice.

Hi Jaylou, do you have a recipe for hummous? I tried to make it once using a SW recipe but it was a disaster - it was so bad I had to throw it away (once I had finally scraped it out of my blender). Tracy

fab tips girls! did think of yoghurt but thought it was too runny would putting a wee drop of quark into it thicken it up a little?

Hi Jaylou, do you have a recipe for hummous? I tried to make it once using a SW recipe but it was a disaster - it was so bad I had to throw it away (once I had finally scraped it out of my blender). Tracy

Hi Tracy,
I whizz a tin of chick peas, a clove of garlic, lemon juice and add water until it is the right consistancy - loads of seasoning and fresh coriander if you have it.

What is lovely is if you roast some red peppers first, remove the skins and whizz them up with the other ingredients.

HTH x

fab tips girls! did think of yoghurt but thought it was too runny would putting a wee drop of quark into it thicken it up a little?

Yep, quark and yoghurt works fine, as does using FF fromage frais instead, thicker but more expensive. :D

Back