Ideas needed please!

ClaireLR

I've come up with the idea of doing a sort of motivation book that i can write in and read when I'm feeling like I need some inspiration. So far I can think of the following things to put in it:

Skinny photos from when I was thin to remind me where I want to be
Photos from when I was at my biggest to remind me how far I've come
Lists of things to do when I'm feeling bored and likely to eat, this includes exercise, pampering, logging onto minimins etc (any other suggestions would be great for this list)
List of clothes I want to wear when I'm at goal
List of upcoming events I want to feel good about myself at
List of horrible things that happened to me when I was bigger
Pictures from magazines that inspire me (Sonia Jackson anyone? I think she looks fab!)
Quotes and stories from magazine and from here that inspire me
Reasons why being overweight is not good/bad for health etc

Can anyone think of anything else? I've decided to do it because when I read some type of slimming magazine it really inspires me and I thought if I could put together my own little book thats all applicable to me then it might help when I'm feeling a lack of willpower!

Claire, I think you have a Fabulous list already!!!

Here is a couple extra you might like to add:)

Take your body measurements before you lose your weight, as some weeks the scales go slow and that can be the very week the inches seem to fall off...

Set mini goals and reward yourself with a small non food treat for each goal achieved.

For inspiration watch the Inspirational Slide show

http://www.minimins.com/inspiration/

and for boredom you can play games in the Arcade.

http://www.minimins.com/arcade.php

Fab idea.....

I think you should add a 'compliments' page - whenever you get a compliment you should write it in the book, then can look back at it when you are having a tough day. x x

I've come up with the idea of doing a sort of motivation book that i can write in and read when I'm feeling like I need some inspiration. So far I can think of the following things to put in it:

Skinny photos from when I was thin to remind me where I want to be
Photos from when I was at my biggest to remind me how far I've come
Lists of things to do when I'm feeling bored and likely to eat, this includes exercise, pampering, logging onto minimins etc (any other suggestions would be great for this list)
List of clothes I want to wear when I'm at goal
List of upcoming events I want to feel good about myself at
List of horrible things that happened to me when I was bigger
Pictures from magazines that inspire me (Sonia Jackson anyone? I think she looks fab!)
Quotes and stories from magazine and from here that inspire me
Reasons why being overweight is not good/bad for health etc

Can anyone think of anything else? I've decided to do it because when I read some type of slimming magazine it really inspires me and I thought if I could put together my own little book thats all applicable to me then it might help when I'm feeling a lack of willpower!

Thats a brilliant idea, I might do one myself!

I know you mentioned something similar but something someone said to me before was that they put a skinny photo on the fridge so that it makes you think twice before opening the door.

Perhaps write about a time when you were craving junk and what you did to overcome it so that if you have that feeling again, you can read it and know that you did get through it and you can manage it again.

Write about a time when you felt really good after a weigh-in, it may make you more determined!!

Hope this is of some use!!!

Last edited:
Oooh thanks for all the ideas!!

I'm feeling a bit better today, I've drunk a whole load of water, 4 litres so far! I know I CAN do this I've just got to actually DO it now (if you see what I mean - there's a difference between knowing I can and actually doing it!)

I'm going to get stuck into my book this weekend - it's the time I struggle most of all. OH has already rung to see if I want to go out for chinese tonight - he doesn't understand at all bless him. But I shall fend him off and stick with this, I want to see a good loss on the scales next week!

Thanks for all your support. X

I feel so inspired that I am going to do one too! Just printed my fat photos to go in the front!

I think that's a great idea!

One little suggestion though, try puttinh your thin photos in the front of the book, not your fat ones! The fat ones will make you feel negative as soon as you open the book. You need to not be thinking 'I don't want to be FAT' but 'I want to be SLIM'!
It sounds like a really positive thing to do, I might have a bash myself. :):)

Good idea SW, going to have to hunt out my thin photos now!

Wow, some fab ideas there... I may have to make one too!

this is an excellent idea. I've something similar, i bought an 'Inspirations Book' by Helen Riley. Its a book with inspirational quotes but also has blank pages in it. I've got all the motivational things in it that I want to change about myself (that's on my blog) and then my weight stats. I love reading it and looking through the photos.

Back