Ideas??

*angela*

Silver Member
Good morning ladies...

Had my wi last night+at the group my leader focused alot on how on the EE plan the third of the plate must be used for all meals.

Basically i work 4 days a week+those days my breakfast is just muller light+alpen bar followed by fruit later on so i need to think of an alternativee.

So ladies what would you have for breakfast and lunch that includes your third of a plate?

Thanks in advance :) xx

Do you have time to make a fruit salad either in the morning or the night before (may have to use some lemon juice in it though)? I was doing that last week to up my super free.

ok i have to say im slightly confused after checking my book this morning... At group last night a lady asked if she had a sandwich for lunch followed by fruit straight after then that doesnt count as her third of the plate as the third of the plate must be veg.

Looking at my book tho it says that the superfree foods do include fruit as well as veg, so now im not sure what to think? I would struggle to include veg in my breakfast but if i was to pour yogurt over fruit would that be my third of the plate xx

*angela* said:
ok i have to say im slightly confused after checking my book this morning... At group last night a lady asked if she had a sandwich for lunch followed by fruit straight after then that doesnt count as her third of the plate as the third of the plate must be veg.

Looking at my book tho it says that the superfree foods do include fruit as well as veg, so now im not sure what to think? I would struggle to include veg in my breakfast but if i was to pour yogurt over fruit would that be my third of the plate xx

Ive been having chopped fruit and a muller for brekkie and im assuming that is ok?

The whole point of the one third superfree is to have that as a way of reducing your portions of everything else, so i guess with a sandwich, if you put some salad in it you would have less meat etc in it, but you wouldnt put less in your sandwich if you had fruit after it? Does that make sense?

I always put a lot of garlic-mayo in my sandwich. Is that bad?

it is yea, normal may is 5syns for a level tablespooon but if you go for extra light mayo its only 0.5syns....the reduced calorie is 2.5 syns. im not sure about the garlic mayo tho, if thats any different

I always have fruit with breakfast too, either fruit with yogurt or i have weetabix with banana chopped on it

Good morning ladies...

Had my wi last night+at the group my leader focused alot on how on the EE plan the third of the plate must be used for all meals.

Basically i work 4 days a week+those days my breakfast is just muller light+alpen bar followed by fruit later on so i need to think of an alternativee.

So ladies what would you have for breakfast and lunch that includes your third of a plate?

Thanks in advance :) xx

Most mornings I have a banana melon sometimes grapefruit and then something like toast/weetabix so its similar to what you are doing but you are having the fruit after whereas I tend to have some before (and later on!)
I think it is good to have a bit of variety with your healthy extras though if possible, have you got time to have anything other than the alpen bars?

thats fab, was a bit baffled that she said it was only veg so im happy enough now i know it includes my fruit as well.

Thanks ladies :) x

I would think of it in the following way - if you got all your food (less syns and HEB and A choices) and laid it on a HUGE massive plate - Would the superfree fill one third of the plate?

No matter what time of the day you have it, i am sure you are okay if you follow this theory.

Correct me if i am wrong - i dont do EE often.

You can have fruit or veg BUT the point in this superfree food is to reduce the portions size of non superfree food in your meal. It is fine to eat fruit but eating it AFTER you've eaten everything else defeats the point of restricting your portion size - if you eat a plate *full* of non-superfree stuff *and then* eat the superfree later you are not limiting your portion size.

With your breakfast example - rather than having a muller light and an alpen bar *followed by fruit later* why not have Muller light and fruit - and then the Alpen light later if you re still hungry?

Having said that your breakfast is not that bad, but do bear it in mind with your bigger meals. If you cant eat yiur superfree with your meal (eg if you want fruit and it wont match the rest of your meal or you want it for dessert) then try limiting your portion size to filling 2/3 of the plate instead - then you can eat the 1/3 plate superfree later as dessert or whatever. Just try to avoid eating superfree *as well as* your main meal instead use it to *reduce the amount of* your main meal.

If I want fruit as part of my meal, I've taken to eating it before my main meal rather than after - this certainly controls the amount on non superfree food you eat.

as Im not a massive lover of veg if i where to plate up my food on a small plate without veg rather than a normal dinner plate with veg (that i tend to only pick at) would this technically be the same.

There are alot of meals i do have veg with spag bol etc as its in the sauce so i can eat it but if Im having gammon and potatoes i add the veg but struggle yo eat it

Do you struggle to eat it purely because you dont like it? Are there any veg/superfree that you DO like? As said above try either eating your superfree first as fruit OR filling your plate only 2/3 full with your main meal and then have the superfree after as fruit or something.

The other thing is maybe EE is just not for you? How about trying Green or Red instead? You can still have both meat AND carbs - you just use them as your HEXs (which you get *four* of on Red/Green, instead of two on EE).

Personally I very rarely do EE, maybe once a fortnight, I live on Green and when I want meat with my potatoes I just use it as a HEX.

i don't like it really. There are some i like which i have alot off.

i will try a red day i think. When i joined tho my C said. She said she don't recommend anything other than ee.

I'm with ermintrude on this one. If you can't follow EE because you can't do the 1/3 rule switch to another plan that doesn't make you have the 1/3 rule. I often switch to green days because i can't be bothered making sure i've got 1/3 superfree.

Simple fix.

xx

Plus i reckon that if they tell all newbies to do EE, then you buy all the cookbooks aimed at EE recipes! hmmmm! cynical? ...perhaps! x

When I started SW, my C did try to steer me onto EE too. But as I am a veggie I told her I wanted to do green instead. She seemed a bit taken aback - I don't know why...It just strikes me as daft to do EE when you don't eat meat or hate superfree food - you're just setting yourself up to fail imo.

i don't like it really. There are some i like which i have alot off.

i will try a red day i think. When i joined tho my C said. She said she don't recommend anything other than ee.

Your C shoulnt be saying that, it is entirely up to you what day yo choose to sort the food you like and your lifestyle. I think most of them try to steer everyone onto EE these days (I assume thats what HO tell them to do?) - but I think some are just too lazy to be bothered to explain the alternatives to people who EE isn't right for.

When I started SW, my C did try to steer me onto EE too. But as I am a veggie I told her I wanted to do green instead. She seemed a bit taken aback - I don't know why...It just strikes me as daft to do EE when you don't eat meat or hate superfree food - you're just setting yourself up to fail imo.

That's not the first time Ive heard that, it's absurd to make a veggie do EE! :eek: You may as well go the whole hog and make them do Red! :confused: Ridiculous!

Back