Ideas?

Bunnylush

Gold Member
Hi

I started sw 9 weeks ago and it was a lovely member taking over an old set of classes.
I'm lunch time not morning ,but so far in 9 weeks even though we have around 14 members, there's only a handful or less some weeks,that actually stay to class.
I know it's hard in summer holidays with kids off school.

I'm sat here trying to think of ways to encourage people to stay and have a laugh.

If anyone has any ideas. Xx

Do the raffles then people have the chance of winning things? Try taster sessions where everyone makes something and brings it in, let people know before weigh in what you plan to do with your session so they know there is something to stay for, or even the week before so busy members can arrange something (like babysitters) so they can stay!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, we do those things but like I say,it's the same 3,4 or 5 if lucky that stay and participate. My Con puts such effort into the raffle prizes.
We just need people to stay and see it's fun and informative ,instead of weigh and flee x

Ask people at WI if they are staying & if not why not. When you find out why that may help in how you encourage more to stay.

What about a clothes swapping/buying session?

Otherwise I can't think of anything.

if you do have mums with kids try to encourage them to stay aswell, at my group we have a corner full of things to occuppy the kids and all the other member that stay dont mind if it is a little noisy. this is one of the main reasons i stay as my daughter who is 4 1/2 loves playing with the other children when not at preschool.

Maybe suggest to your consultant to set up a 'ideas' night, where each member chooses something to do at session like cooking, clothes swap. This way if members are more involved in the sessions they might stay to them. If your group is a bigger group then get people to pair up to organise their night. Its not only going to get people inventing new ideas for sessions, members will feel more valued This could last for weeks at a time or they could be one a month. Hope this makes sense!!

Back