IDEAS???

Rubydebi

Im not sure if this is the right section to be posting in but... I was wandering if anyone has any ideas for the small meal on SS+??
My councillor said she occasionally has omelette (2 eggs and the skimmed milk allowance) and a bit of veg which i thought was quite a good idea..Anyone else have any ideas? or do you just stick with a bit of meat and veg/salad?

Thanks for any ideas!! I just know its going to be difficult when it comes to sitting down with the family for dinner time!!

I was having the same problem and I posted but nobody got back to me so I've picked my brain and come up with some ideas. The other day I used one egg and half the amount of prawns and made a little omlette with veg. Today I'm having baked eggs. Leeks and peppers in a little manakin add the egg then bake for 10 mins. Leeks ad peppers need cookin first and a little water and spices added.
Chicken kebabs
Asparagus frittata
Portabello mushroom with cottage cheese and spring onion
Portabello mushrooms x2 with chicken inbetween like a burger.
Stuffed green pepper with cottagecheese and tuna
Chicken stuffed with spinach spring onion and courgettes and a bit of cottage cheese.
Tuna and cottage cheese mixed with cooked mushrooms and peppers on a bed of lettuce.
Hope this helps
I'm gonna try and make some broths of some kind too. While the meal is exciting it will help to not eat crap. Hopefully other people have some ideas to share too x

wow i like some of your ideas Kristin thats great..

wasnt sure if we were allowed baked beans??
Tonight im going to have an omelette and then i might try out some of our recipes the rest of the week!! fab thanking you!!!

ok, many thanks! your a star!! good luck with your weight loss journey!!
How much have you lost so far??

I'm only on week one so havnt had a weigh in yet. I've done this diet before and lost 1.5 stone in 2 weeks. This time I am determined to stick to it and shift about 2.5 stone before I give up x

ooo well done!!! Keep it up...

same here, i want to shift 2.5 stone... altho i have my bday coming up so i think i may have to fall off the wagon on that day...!!! EEEEEK... il get straight back on tho!

Don't be frightened if mixing it up a bit like Ruby says, half and half the portions (1 egg & half portion of prawns etc in an omelette) add a little balsamic vinegar or fat free dressing to your tuna, (alright its not mayonnaise, buts its not bad). dry fry your chicken with some onions and or mushrooms. Scrambled egg with a bit of salt and pepper and veg on the side, or add some onion, courgette, green peppers etc to the egg. Add curry powder or chilli for that extra kick. It doesn't have to be just a plain bit of chicken :) I like the quorn with mushrooms and or onion, mainly because 200g is a lot of quorn, but maybe that missing the point a little ;-)

Don't be frightened if mixing it up a bit like Ruby says, half and half the portions (1 egg & half portion of prawns etc in an omelette) add a little balsamic vinegar or fat free dressing to your tuna, (alright its not mayonnaise, buts its not bad). dry fry your chicken with some onions and or mushrooms. Scrambled egg with a bit of salt and pepper and veg on the side, or add some onion, courgette, green peppers etc to the egg. Add curry powder or chilli for that extra kick. It doesn't have to be just a plain bit of chicken :) I like the quorn with mushrooms and or onion, mainly because 200g is a lot of quorn, but maybe that missing the point a little ;-)

I thought we couldn't have onions or balsamic vinegar or salt? X

I thought we couldn't have onions or balsamic vinegar or salt? X[/QUOTE]

You can have a little salt so long as you don't go mad, balsamic ok, again so long as you don't go mad, and although it is spring onions are on the list of foods, normal onions are okay too, avoid red or sweet onions though as they have more sugars (carb) in them.

Fab thanking u these are good ideas too!!

Ooooo what to have tonight!!!! X

Back