If I buy it il have to fit into it

Wee Doll

Silver Member
does anyone else think like this ??

what i mean is, ive been buying some clothes a few sizes smaller so that i have to lose the weight to fit into them

So far this has worked for me, I think because ive been buying expensive clothes taking the tags off them so that i cant take them back and change the size lol

today i bought a skirt and 3 tops that are a good bit to small for me that im planning on fitting into by the 4th of june when i got to a festival for the weekend :D

this week id only 1/2lb loss cause i had a bad week ( lost my job ) but il be back on track and lose the next 8lbs so that i fit into these clothes by the time the festival comes :D

anyone else do this ?? lol

xx
jo

I have a "bag of dreams" as I like to call it, packed with clothes as old as 12 years that I have nought to inspire me to fit into them and every year I have bought bigger sizes... I am pretty sure some of them will be back in fashion soon, but this time it is my time :)

i actually put alot of clothes onto dsi to sell cause they dont fit me now despite only having lost 13lbs alot of clothes dont fit so if i cant wear them no more i may aswell sell them and get some more money to get some new ones lol

i have a drawer i call it the skinny drawer i keep buying stuff and adding it to the drawer lol

I am going on holiday on 6th August and I am hoping that a size 16 bottoms will fit me soon BUT I went to the shop to try them on and I am busting out of them (shorts) and I would hate to buy all this holiday stuff in a size 16 in case when my holidays come round, I cannot fit into them as by the time I was a 16 I wouldnt need shorts in winter lol x but if it motivates you just go for it, whatever works for you x

I dont buy smaller as when you lose weight your shape changes so you still dont know if it will fit properly. But if helps you to stay focused then buy away!

i actually put alot of clothes onto dsi to sell cause they dont fit me now despite only having lost 13lbs alot of clothes dont fit so if i cant wear them no more i may aswell sell them and get some more money to get some new ones lol

i have a drawer i call it the skinny drawer i keep buying stuff and adding it to the drawer lol

Just wondering what dsi is?

Hmm...my wardrobe is stuffed with smaller clothes I used to wear but can't anymore due to weight gain. It didn't help me before, so I'm not sure it's a motivating factor for me now.

In saying that, I have bought a couple of summer t-shirts in a size smaller than I am now so that they'll fit better, but that's all.

If it's a thing that works for you, I'm all for it.

I bought a size 12 suit a few years ago and it had never fit me, and I kept on testing it but it must be a really small size 12 as the skirt only just fits me now and I now have size 8's that fit me but am mostly a 10, though some are a bit loose.
Apart from that suit, I have never bought anything to small, as I prefer to buy things that fit, and getting smaller sizes that fit has always been a big morale booster for me.
What is working for me is not keeping any clothes that are too big, as I don't want to get into them again. Yesterday I took another 2 bin bags of clothes to the charity shop. So now all I own are clothes that fit, apart from 1 pair of jeans and my old fav trousers just as a reminder of how big I was.
I don't buy expensive clothes, only charity shop and Primark clothes so that they are almost disposable as they are so cheap.
I have found really nice expensive labels in the charity shops, though.

My Aunt bought me a size 12 dress on Tuesday for my friends wedding in August. It doesn't fit me yet! But it is definitely a motivator as now when I'm tempted to fall off the wagon I think about having to fit into the dress and it stops me!

If it works for you - go for it!

xx

I bought a few smaller clothes in the January sales...I left the tags on, but went to try them on recently and they are falling off me :(

Oh well. Im just going to buy the clothes when I need them as for me it is a waste of money. My body shape has changed dramatically and where as before I was buying clothes to accomodate my thighs, they are now actually starting to look in proportion to the rest of me!!

dsi is dont stay in ... a clubbing website most of the stuff i put up for sale is clubbing outfits that i used to wear and some summer things

Mrs V why dont you put them on ebay and make yourself some money back ??

Thanks for the idea Wee Doll, I was originally giving them to my Mum, but as money is a bit tight at the moment, I may end up sticking loads on E-Bay!

i sell loads of stuff on ebay may aswell make some cash back on it myself :D

im going to stick loads of my daughters stuff on today as there is no room in her wardrobe and she is growing so fast im constantly having to buy her new clothes lol

maybe it would be an idea for this place to have a swap or sell thread ? people could swap clothes that are to small now that are in good condition or sell them thats what we do on dsi. just an idea maybe its been done or is not allowed

cool :D

Back