If i can't grow taller then i must lose weight! newbie!

Hi there everyone,

I am new to this forum, my boyfriend has encouraged me to join in as he says he has read that these kind of forums help people lose weight.

I am a 'big girl' and always have been, i was born weighing 10lbs 2oz! (my poor mum! lol). I am tall for a woman, 5ft 11 and i do have a big frame so i dont think i will ever be a skinny mini but i do want to be slimmer and healthier.

I have some sort of insane love for food and i wish chocolate was good for you and broccoli was bad.... knowing me though, i would probably crave broccoli!! lol.

Anyways, my weight has gone up and down my whole life but never actually been that down.... i lost a lot of weight aged 22 and then i met my boyfriend and dam him i got happy!!! but about this time last year i got to 17 stones and i felt horrible, people do say i carry my weight well cos i'm tall but nevertheless my BMI classed me as OBESE!!! arghhh!!! over the last year i am now down to 15 stone 11 and i wanna get to the 14 stone something mark before my holiday in 7 weeks... is this possible do ya think??

what does this forum offer and how do you find it helps?

introduce yourself to me if you want...

thanks for your time!

Hi Lisa and welcome. Personally I love this forum, everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. There's lots of sections with in it for people following different diets and weight loss plans. I personally am on Exante, a total food replacement diet, so tend to post in there lots. If you don't want to follow anything specific there's areas for people who are healthy eating, calorie counting, etc. So there really is something for everyone!

Hello LLH....and welcome !!! Minimins is the best site ever, it is crazy on here!! :D. I'm Diva, currently enjoying having both feet firmly on the ground in healthy eating, low fat, Veggie heaven, after being DIZZY for years and years on the Yoyo dieting and binging Merry Go Round !! Hehe !!

What exercise are you going to do, I'm a walker, who occasionally dallies with weights and my core ball, in the vain hope of one day finding some Abs.....

Any tips ??? Well, a lot of people say having a diary on here has helped them, I think the best thing is to trawl through, read success stories, and post post post!! Keeps snacking fingers nice and busy. The inspiration on here is what is keeping me going.....

Enjoy your journey to Slimmerville !! :D

Diva x

Hi littlered81.... Hi Diva.. thanx for replying, i must say, its nice to join a forum where people are in the same boat..... in answer to your Q, Diva, i go gym 3 times a week and do interval training on a bike and weights for toning and muscle strengthening...

Hi lisa welcome to minimins. I joined a few weeks ago and really really like it. I follow a certain diet (dukan) so the forum is great for clarifying what I can and can't eat. Keeps me on track. But if you are just healthy eating it will help, as others have said, seeing the success stories and the daily diaries. It's a really good place to be and I would recommend starting a diary thread. Good luck with your weight loss, there are loads of different options for weight loss on here I am sure u will find the right one for you xx

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your healthy eating.

We are a very supportive website with great members always ready to help and encourage. You could start a diary thread so members can read how you are doing.

Irene xx

Hi Lisa and welcome.

I am so glad i found this forum, the stories are amazing, the weight loss is also amazing, nice friendly people.

I hope you find it as useful as i have.
Good luck on your weight loss.

Thanx everyone for your replies and words of good will ....... hope to be seeing you all around sometime then... good luck to you all too!!!

hi lisa :welcome2:to minimins u will get loads of help and advice on here, once u have decided which "plan" u intend to follow do a diary of ur food on here then if u get stuck someone can take a look to see if u've made any little mistakes (they all add up). i have been following s/w i do it from home with help on here i have lost 42lbs. if u don't know what plan ur going to follow have a look through the ones you feel u might like to try then look through other members diaries to see how they have been doing, some have lost 5 stone plus :eek:
good luck losing the lbs x

Hi littlered81.... Hi Diva.. thanx for replying, i must say, its nice to join a forum where people are in the same boat..... in answer to your Q, Diva, i go gym 3 times a week and do interval training on a bike and weights for toning and muscle strengthening...

That is a nice mix of exercises, you are doing well if you can keep going...and just think your skin will snap back as you shape up !!!!

Fantastic !!!

Diva x

Back