If you are100%...

lilpixiesue

Do you always lose weight?
I ask because I have stuck to the plan 100% this week, and even started my body magic so done exercise twice this week (need to do one more lot today), but according to my scales I have gained weight?!

I know i shouldn't weigh myself at home and i should only do it at class but i can't help it sometimes :eek: and now i feel really disheartened.

Just wondering if sometimes the plan doesn't work for reasons unknown... I'm only on week 4 and i seem to be alternating losses and gains. I had a gain in week 2 :rolleyes:

Hiya - don't be disheartened, it is only week 4 so you're really still just getting into the whole thing. I believe the plan will work for everyone if they are 100% - that said, you can have too much of a good thing! Basically, you really have to listen to your bod and only fuel it when it's required and then, only with sufficent adequacy :) I used to eat breakfast when I got up - just because it was 'breakfast time'. Now I take the makings into work with me and have something a couple of hours later when I start to feel hungry.

I reached a plateau and STS for a few weeks at a time but sat down and really gave myself a good talking to. I looked at my serving sizes, thought about my meal whilst eating and learnt that I reached the 'full' mark before I cleared my plate. I was raised on the clear your plate or you can't leave the table rule, and it's taken some time to 'realise' that I don't need to do that anymore. I found I snacked quite a bit when I was bored rather than peckish. I was eating all the good/ free things but I simply didn't need the extra calories.

Also, are you drinking enough? With my job I have to be a bit careful (can't always ensure being near some facilities IYKWIM :D ) but when I know I don't have to go out much (or far from office), I make sure I have plenty of water/juice/pop/tea.

As i said, please don't be disheartened - if it's none of the above, perhaps have a mix up of original, green & EE days. Some Mims have said they see better results when they do one or the other - we're all different but I'd always advocate trying...... just in case.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I find that when I stick to plan 100% I always loose hun. I'm on week 6. Are you keeping food diaries?x

yes i am keeping a food diary, been 100% this week, not gone over on syns at all, eaten all my healthy extras and loads of superfree, the only thing i can think is that i had a curry with rice one night (cooked myself with quorn) and maybe it wasn't 1/3 superfree i did feel stuffed and bloated afterwards like i had eaten too much,maybe my body is protesting LOL
Gonna drink loads of water and eat mainly superfree today and tomorrow and hopefully pull it back before weigh in on Monday. Oh and I had a take away last monday evening, it should have been within my syns (beef chow mein, 8.5 syns and i hadn't had any others that day) but i didn't weigh it I just chowed on down LOL

lilpixiesue said:
Do you always lose weight?
I ask because I have stuck to the plan 100% this week, and even started my body magic so done exercise twice this week (need to do one more lot today), but according to my scales I have gained weight?!

I know i shouldn't weigh myself at home and i should only do it at class but i can't help it sometimes :eek: and now i feel really disheartened.

Just wondering if sometimes the plan doesn't work for reasons unknown... I'm only on week 4 and i seem to be alternating losses and gains. I had a gain in week 2 :rolleyes:

Your weight fluctuates daily, so please for your own Sanity ignore your scales.

If you get on the scales this week & have gained, then I recommend you double check your food diary with your consultant & on here as well if you want.

I have had a few unexpected gains in the year I've done SW. It does happen. It's almost always hormonal, or due to water retention. I find every 4 weeks I have a maintain or slight gain due to Totm (even though I'm on the implant so no other side effects - remember your body still has hormonal changes even if you are on the pill/injection etc.) I also find that when I substantially up my exercise I have a maintain or slight gain. That's just your muscles retaining water to protect them.

Make sure you're drinking enough fluids, especially as you up your exercise, and don't worry x

You have just started body magic, your body could have retained water this week. Don't worry about it if you keep up the same excersise, you will lose next time. Keep up with what you are doing so far don't get disheartened x

Maybe a combination of doing more exercise and not having much weight to lose :)

I had a gain a couple of weeks ago for no known reason, I think sometimes the body needs a shake up, be it a change of plan, a day off plan, a review of your foods etc. Also as said above its common to STS or gain afte the first week of exercise. Fingers crossed it'll be ok for you at weigh in, good luck x

Thanks so much everyone, i will try and stay away from my scales at home and only weigh at group. if nothing else SW is a really healthy way to eat, i have actually given up drinking alcohol this week too and it hasn't been as hard as i thought so i may just go teetotal. I'm getting my 5-a-day and eatin healthy foods so that can't be a bad thing, i need to look further than the scales sometimes I think.
Will try and keep motivated and see what happens at official weigh in :)

I thought I hadn't lost anything this week on my scales but when I got to class I'd lost 2.5lb!

Back