If you have a Blackberry I recommend this little gem....

Caz

Repeat Offender
A program that you can download for free called 'V-Clinic Mobile'.

You put in all your details, gender, DOB, height, weight, hip and waist measurements. It'll calculate your BMI, your daily calorie expenditure etc.

It's basically like a little diary. You put in the food you've eaten, and it'll calculate the calories, fat, protein, carbs etc. You can set yourself limits. So say if you're going to follow a low carb diet and have I don't know... 20g of carbs a day, set that limit and when you're near it, it'll let you know.

You also track what exercise you've done and the calories that it will have used up.

It analyses your nutrients, calorie intake, activity and body data. Produces charts etc. Compares your intake and expenditure. Tracks weight loss.

You can save set meals. So say if you do... pork and cous cous with... courgettes, and you do it often, save it as a meal and then you just have to select it once, not each individual bit.

And for me the most helpful thing... portion sizes. There's a bit where it tells you what the average or recommended portion size is for anything pretty much!

Now that I'm not doing CD, it might become my new best friend!!! Just thought I'd let you guys know about it :)

Yeah I think there's similar for the iPhone and other phones like it. I don't know if they're called the same.

I know how CD has helped me for the past couple of months. How that order and strictness has kept me on track. So I'm hoping that this will help me now I'm not doing CD anymore. I do still seem to have managed to lose 1lb in the last couple of days which is nice! not really sure what's realistic targets for me anymore in terms of weekly losses.

What will you do? keep carbs low and calorie count?

I don't know what is the best weight managment for life after CD. If I'm honest I am scared.

I think you will do well though caroline, you seem to be extreamly focused.

I don't know really! I guess calorie count mainly, try and keep fat and carb content as low as possible. Try and exercise more! And then get back on the CD wagon as soon as I either find a job or go back to uni and therefore have money again! Will be interesting to see how I do though I suppose. Life after CD scares me too, and I'm not at goal or anywhere near it yet!

Back