If you love a good curry, read on!

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
I have just made the best curry I have ever had. I even go so far as saying that it tastes just like a curry from a restaurant.

Here goes:-

Keema Curry

· 450g lean minced beef or lamb (you could use beef cubes too)
· Frylight
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
· 1 fresh green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
· 2 tbsp curry paste (8 syns) I have used pataks mild curry paste with coriander and cumin.
· 2 tbsp tomato purée
· 350ml lamb or vegetable stock
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
preparation method

1. Brown the minced lamb in a large non-stick frying pan, without adding any oil. Fry over a medium heat for 5–6 minutes until well-browned, stirring frequently to break up larger pieces. Remove from the pan and drain off any fat. Set aside
2. Heat the a pan, then spray with frylight, when hot, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and curry paste and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring all the time. Return the meat to the pan, add the tomato purée and stir until well mixed.
3. Pour in the stock, stir again, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the meat is very tender and the sauce is thick.
4. And lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp of the coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with the remaining coriander scattered over the top.
Serves 4 and works out at 2 syns per serving

Sorry about the dodgy fonts!

This really is a fantastic curry!

Sounds yummy. I make vegetable curry using a tablespoon of vindaloo paste, it's only 2 syns a level tablespoon and you certainly don't need any more than that, it's hot!

Yum!

I made this tonight and it was delish! The only thing I did differently was used Patak Biryani curry paste (2.5 syns per tbsp) and added chopped mushrooms. I served mine on a bed of cooked grated cauliflower with lemon and coriander mixed in it. Thanks for the recipe!

Attachments

• IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 250
Your welcome! I make it about 3 times a week. I will try the curry paste you used cos it has less syns!

I've emailed my Consultant and asked her to look into it to me as it doesn't make sense the way the online syn values are for the Patak curry pastes.

The tikka masala one says it's only 1 syn per tbsp whereas the biryani is 2.5/tbsp and the tikka masala one is more cals and has coconut and tomato puree in it.

I'll let you know what she finds out! Syns calculator puts the biryani at 17.5/100g an tikka masala at 18.5/100kg. I weighed out 2 tbsp of paste which was roughly 50g so I grossly underestimated my syns and had to rework them!

I'd advice weighing out the amount you want and use the syns calculator values to calculate how many syns - seems the most accurate way to do it!

Ooooo Im a curry monster and will definitely try both recipies! Thankyou!

Back