Extra Easy If you love bread and butter

I used to love my bread and butter but have changed to ryvita and cottage cheese with pineapple - yummy. I love crunchy things and you get 5 ryvita for HEXb i think (but correct me if I'm wrong here peeps!). X

You can have wholemeal brown bread as a healthy extra B on EE - the best one to get is probably the Weight Watchers Danish Brown (not malted) as you get 3 slices for a HEX rather than 2 for most small loafs (or 1 large loaf slice)

Most bread-like alternatives (co-op pitta, ryvitas, scan bran etc) would also only be a HEX - dont think that there's anything thats totally free thats similar - so you would just be swapping one HEX choice for another. I'd say that if bread is what you want, then use that as your healthy extra.

As for toppings not sure I'm much help as I havent liked butter or marg for years - but I would tend to go for laughing cow extra light - 5 triangles for a healthy extra A i think? Quark would be free if you like that.

If you want bread and butter have it, but syn it. Im sure it wont be more than 15 syns (but to chk and weigh the butter protion), so all good.

Yup, WW brown and Laughing Cow for me! xx

I still have bread and butter, using 1hxb for wholemeal slice and 2 syns for a lv tsp of butter.
I never put butter in sandwiches though anymore. I prefer to use hellmans extra light mayo spread on or nothing, depending on the filling.

Butter is one of the few things I've missed since I went vegan, particularly for sandwiches. Recently though I've discovered how much I love humous! It makes a delicious substitute, and I believe the low fat kinds are even included on the Healthy Extra lists?

I have never used butter in sandwiches, because I think it is a waste of time, but I love butter on toast or fresh bread.

If I fancy some, I have it and syn it. Not every day, obviously, but as a treat. Had some today, in fact - President slightly salted. Wonderful stuff. I cut the rest of the block into portions and froze them, so it will keep and I can take a piece out from time to time.

Either bread and butter and syn it

Or use the HExs allowance as someone's already said for some wholemeal and Laughing Cow extra Light.

Maybe with some synned ryvitas to use up all the LC

I have WW Brown - but its not the Danish loaf (Brennans if thats any help...) Can this be a healthy extra?

This is an old thread and very out of date. There are no UK breads that you can have 3 slices of anymore.

The WW Malted Danish is not a HEX at all. The Brown Danish or Wholemeal are, but you only get 2 slices.

Back