If you want something sweet...that's free

franbob

I've had a thought!!

After seeing on the big brother website dane bowers cooked fried bananas with sugar

what about frying bananas in fry light layered with sweetener (free right??)!!

The minute you cook any fruit it becomes synned !!! sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

oh sugar thank you though :)

am i right in thinking that if i fry1 banana that is 4 syns

Yes that's right. Not that bad all things considered. If you have spare syns try putting some chocolate in the middle of the banana before you fry it!

I think so long as you only eat the quantity you would if eaten normally then it is ok to not count the syns ;)

But then- thats me!! LOL

Jill

Unfortunately it's not necessarily quantity, but the way the sugars break down when cooked!

Lynda

I used to think this too up until recently, but it is actually not true. I was bored one night and did a lot of reading up about it lol.

The sugar or calorie content etc does not change when fruit is cooked, the only thing that may change is quantity. i.e. Say you weigh a banana as it comes out of it's skin and for example it weighed 50g, well if you had the same amount in weight of cooked banana, it would most likely be much more banana because the quantity nearly always reduces once you cook fruit.

So for the weight of 1 fresh banana, you could use 2 maybe 3 bananas to get the same weight once cooked.

Hope that makes sense. Is hard to explain and I am tired lol.

I agree with Britmum on this. It's purely down to the quantity you may eat of cooked fruit.
Personally I don't syn cooked fruit if it's 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 portion of berries cooked.You have to be strict about the quantity, but the cooking itself doesn't make it more fattening.

Try leaving a banana in its skin cutting it down the middle but not right through then putting your favorite chocolate in the centre of it ie a twirl then wrap in foil put in the oven or on a barbaque till the skin goes jet black, the banana flesh stays the normal colour n the chocolate goes all gooey mmmmmmmmmmm just count the syn of the chocolate then you have Irish Hot Dogs yummy x

I love banannas and choc so this sounds heaven how long does it take in the oven?

sorry not been on here for a while , How long to cook the banana ? Id say aprox 20 mins on 180 keep in the skin and wrap in tin foil when cooked cut a gap in the skin stick in your desired choc :) then wrap it back in the foil for 5 mins til all gloooooopy enjoy x

Ive read somewhere either here or FB someone put in a curly Wurly and a squish of cream once it's done . SOunds kinda nice but im not a huge sweetie fan!

This one isn't free but its just ½ syn for the whole lot and its yummy.

Its originally from the puddings thread:

Fruit Roulade on Puddings recipes sticky
You really must try this, it is fabulous and only half syn the whole thing!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mindy
FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

I used to think this too up until recently, but it is actually not true. I was bored one night and did a lot of reading up about it lol.

The sugar or calorie content etc does not change when fruit is cooked, the only thing that may change is quantity. i.e. Say you weigh a banana as it comes out of it's skin and for example it weighed 50g, well if you had the same amount in weight of cooked banana, it would most likely be much more banana because the quantity nearly always reduces once you cook fruit.

So for the weight of 1 fresh banana, you could use 2 maybe 3 bananas to get the same weight once cooked.

Hope that makes sense. Is hard to explain and I am tired lol.

thanks for this :D i was always confused by this !!! silly SW :rolleyes: oohhh am now following you on twitter :) x

thanks for this :D i was always confused by this !!! silly SW :rolleyes: oohhh am now following you on twitter :) x

well it isn't silly really, as it explains exactly why fruit is synned when not eaten it is raw form, because once cooked or pureed etc, the quantity changes and you could therefore eat alot more of it in this way than what you would if it was raw.

:)

yeah i get it :) SW should make this clear as to why its synned, is what i meant by silly :) x

Back