ILL and vlcd

Pink_Princess

Hi all, i have been up all night in horrible pain/wind/diarreah :-( called DRs who is fitting me in at 11 but he said ita moat likely an infection like helicobacter (spelling) :-(

Will it be ok to do a vlcd while having a stomach infection i dont want to ask gp as he only signed off LL after i moaned and moaned about it

To be honest Id be upping my intake if i was ill
if you have diarrhea or are being sick then you are not absorbing the nutrition that you need
maybe you could try and have 4 packs plus a protein meal , see how you go
I think in times of illness the vlcd must take a back seat , your health is the most important thing

Hi - I agree with Phoenix your health is more important. Maybe try splitting your packs too as the concentrated vits etc might be too harsh on an upset tum - hope you feel better soon

Im back, its gastrisis or something lol i can never pronouce or spell anything the DR says but its basically inflamation in the stomach lining :-/ it hurts like hell so im calming the diet for a day or so x

I'll be honest I came off whilst I was ill, your body needs nourishment whilst you are sick and yes I know about the RDA's in S&S but you need comforting too.

hope you are feeling better soon. Try and stick to plain simple meals perhaps little and often and keep the fluids up. Once you are feeling ready to get started again perhaps start back with the plain shakes and avoid the bars / meals ( these make my tummy windy and gurgly even when I'm not ill!)

Back