Illness

Jobuck

Has anybody got ill in their first week ? I have been doing really well all week been feeling fine then today started to feel very sick and looks like I am starting with tonsilitis I have only ever had it once in my 31 years and wondered if it could be with starting the diet( not sure if it can make your body feel run down at first ) or just a coincidence .

My experience of CD is a throbbing headache and a bit irritable to begin with, but once in ketosis everything is fine. I always feel a lot better on the diet as I am getting the right vitamins, in fact I am very rarely ill when on CD. However, we are all different, but I think it may be coincidence. Hope you feel better soon.

I felt ill the first week, headaches, moody : ) weak, light headed and yes as if you are about to come down with the flu or something, all i could think about was food. As i felt generally unwell i had a few early nights to stop me sitting thinking about snacking whilst watching TV. It took me 5 or 6 days to go into ketosis and then amazingly just woke up feeling normal again. This diet is fab if you can just get through that first few days to a week where it is not nice. After that it feels good especially when you see the dramatic changes in your weight : )

Hi jo buck

Think a few people get struck down with additional illnesses.

Ride the storm. It will be worth it :) x
I'm day 11 and I still not feeling 100% but have been doing 100% SS. I know food times are ahead so I'm sticking to it. Haven't weighed yet! X

Don't feel too bad apart from the throat at least if it is tonsillitis I won't want to eat . Getting weighed tonight so can't wait for that .

Thanks I lost 6 3/4 lbs which I am slightly disappointed with as I have done it 100 % but it was less than a week and its a step in the right direction . I defo have tonsilitis now do don't want to eat which I think is helping xx how much did you lose in first week please . Last time I lost 9lb couple of years ago x

I didn't weigh after a week. Weighed today (start day 12) and I've lost 1 stone 1 lb. chuffed with that! Not going to weigh now fit at least another 2 weeks!

Well done you! 6 3/4 is fab!!! :) keep going. Hope you're feeling better x

Wow 1st 1lb is fantastic !! I have had 1 shake up to now as I can't really swallow . I might leave it two weeks till I get weighed again x

I did only manage 2 yesterday but it was down to not being able to swollow I just couldn't force the last one down but I thought if i was not on the diet then I wouldn't have eaten anything all day anyway but at least I had the two x

Back