I'm a complete mess :(

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I don't know where my diet head has gone! In the last few weeks I've had money troubles (being unemployed after my so called friend totally ripped me off and screwed me over for 3 months wages!) and I went on a four day break to Brean Sands, I've been like "I don't care anymore" and "Life's too short to constantly worry about my weight" and as a result I've gained. I can't stop thinking about food, as I've finished breakfast/lunch/tea I'm thinking about what I can eat next! I obviously haven't dealt with my food demons!
As if I wasn't dealing with enough I've got a stinking cold, I can't stop crying, even my boyf got worried he'd have to call in the men in white coats to take me to the funny farm:cry: I know I'm being too hard on myself, everyone wobbles and falls over from time to time and it's more important that you get back up and keep going. It just feels like everything's on top of me right now and I'm not sure I can cope anymore :(
Not sure what the point of this little rant was or what I'm actually asking for but dear God I can't go on like this. Does it ever end???

So sorry that you are feeling like this, not sure what to say to help but didnt want to read and run. For now have lots of :hug99: and dont worry about having a rant or a shout. You have done SO well, and you know you have. We all know it isnt easy to go on this "journey" that we all talk about and I know I am only a little bit into mine but I am finding it tough too.... .(ended up having a chinese tonight :eek:) BUT we know that we can get back on the path and we know that SW is there to help.

Sometimes Real Life just gets in the way of everything else and as much as we want to go in one direction it pulls us in another. Please dont let this deter you from cracking back on with things, I am sure they will seem better when you are not feeling ill and you will have more strength to fight back then as well.

Sorry for my inane drivel but I really feel for you and really want to give you plenty of :hug99: as well as plenty of :happy096: for your achievements so far.

H2 x :eek:

oh luv it will end and you will feel better soon.

its a vicious circle we get ourselves into isn't it?. we get down with ourselves and lose the plot, eat what we want, gain weight ,feel crap so think f**k it and just eat more.

you have had some recent blows by the sound of things, your friend letting you down and ripping you off will have effected you badly, properly more than you know, and on top of that your cold will drag you down.

take each day as it comes and reamber all the good things in your life you have. stop now eating all the wrong foods on before you totally blow it , think how you would feel if all your hard work was for nothing.

can you maybe do something you enjoy? I'm going through a terrible time at moment and i find walking my dogs or watching a film i enjoy helps me feel a little better its not going to get better overnight, but you will get there. baby steps is what you need. get over your cold first, cry and get your tears out of your system (plenty of loves and cuddles of your fella required), then grab your happiness and move on.

were all here for you, your cyber mates, hugs been sent to you ((()))) xxx

No wonder you feel like you do, you've had a lot of bad things happen recently.

Break everything down into small pieces. When I was unemployed I made 'looking for a job' my new unpaid job. I found it easier to set myself a time to job hunt & then the rest of the time I'd do something I enjoyed, like walking, cycling, watching a film, reading. By doing this I didn't feel like I had to job hunt 24/7 and I didn't feel guilty having a little me time.

Take a look at the recipes on here & get some inspiration for nice, comforting cheap SW foods you can eat.

I know it's hard to do but try not to worry too much, things will work themselves out eventually. Don't think too far ahead into the future, just try & work on each day as it comes.

Remember we're all here for you ;)

Hey, I read you tale and although I feel extreme sympathy for you, I also am admiring of you. You have already achieved so much! 117 lb is a great achievement - and I'll bet you had setbacks along the way. When we let go the reigns our bodies try and stuff as much as possible into themselves before it has to do without again. It's a sneaky old thing the body and tries to trick our minds into looking the other way until it has regained all of its losses - and sometimes more. You have shown that normally your brain is able to take charge of your body - or you would not have lost so much. I know that your brain will get in charge again - make it today if you can. Thinking of you xxx.

I would go speak to GP because it might be depression you are suffering with. Medication and therapy really helped me the past through months changed how I feel about my life :)

Just have to add my thoughts here. I too was amazed at how well you have done so far and that can't have been easy. So you know that you have a history of succeeding. You are not in a good place at the moment and I think the cold was just the last straw. Well in a couple of days, the cold will be gone and hopefully you will begin to feel more positive. Before long the feelings about your 'friend' will also be gone and you'll be back to remembering why you began this journey - because the destination is where you want to be, and the road is (most of the time) a great place to walk.

THIS is why I posted here, I remember now! Lots of awesome advice and plenty of hugs! I am feeling much better this morning and I'm determined to have a 100% day no matter what. I'm going to save your replies to my laptop and keep looking at them throughout the day to keep me going!

Hey you, another Welshy here and I could literally wrote your post myself! I have had a hell of a year and think I have cried more, in the past 18months than I have done in my entire lifetime. Because I was so down, I turned to food. I started SW Oct last year weighing 12stone 11 and got down to 12stone for Christmas. am now 13stone something (not weighed in weeks) and though I know that isn't that bad, this is the biggest I have been in 2 years so I feel utterly miserable and keep thinking that I should give up. None of my clothes fit and I spent the whole summer in the same clothes.

I don't want to make your post all about me, I just wanted you to know that you're not on your own when it comes to food demons. I can't seem to shift mine, maybe we could try and do it together.

Hugs

Hayley xxxxxxx

Hun i know exacually how u feel, i was curled up on sofa last weekend just crying and crying and my fella didnt know wat to do, money and my weight get me down but I realised only me can change things and get out of my slump. If you do feel really crap go see your GP if hes a decent one. Seems silly but when im losing weight im at my happiest so turn it around and get back on track you can do it!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS XXXX

You poor thing, sorry you've been feeling so down but glad that you're more positive today! I just wanted to congratulate on your utterly astounding weight loss!! You should be soooooo proud of yourself, I can only hope to achieve the same one day. Try to remember how far you've come when you're feeling low but don't beat yourself up about the occasional blip, you'll be fine xx

I read this and thought 'sounds like me' (minus a few details) so I know how you're feeling hun - I've been feeling like my diet head is AWOL too. Because of this there isn't much I can say that will be helpful (since I'm low too) but what I will say is that you may have lost your way a bit bit you're still wanting to lose weight and posted on here, so it's not all bad. Stay strong, get back to basics and don't give up! I'm here with you, as is everyone else xxx

*hugs*

I wanted to say thank you to you all for your replies and advice! I've had a 100% day today, plenty of fruit and veg and only 7 syns. I weigh on Tues and will have a gain but I deserve it so it's only fair lol!
I do have depression but I can't face medication again, it messes with my sleep patterns and my sex drive, I'm waiting for an appointment for counselling and cognitive behaviour therapy but the average waiting time is 14 weeks and I've just got to stay sane until then. I've been turned down for an appointment with NHS plastics so that hasn't helped matters, it's like why should I care when all I've done is prove they're right and there is a possibility I'll pile it all back on. I must not let this happen and I'll take each day as it comes, one at a time!

Well done with your 100% day :) :) :) That in itself sometimes lifts my mood, stick with it ;)

Good to hear you are back on board. Your sucess is amazing. :)

I always find that being in control of my food kinda helps all the other stuff either fall into place or just become more manageable. Your 100% day is very good news I think, well done. Here's to another today. ;)

Back