IM a DIY dieter are you?

lookingforme

Silver Member
Hi There
Im a DIY dieter, i can't do diet plans.

They just dont feed me enough mentaly and i feel a bit like cattle to the slaughter.

Anyway... i go it alone when i want to lose, change eating habits and exercise more.
Im out on my bike most days now and wish to start running in the next few weeks.
May be when im not so wobbly:D

Anyone else out there a DIYer.:)

Me .... absolutely!

I can't do diet plans either ... it's like I rebel against them when I have to count, point or syn.
So I've set my own rules .... cut out rubbish (cakes, biscuits, crisps), no bread during the week, no snacking between meals, increase water and exercise, watch portions ... Simples! ;)

Good Luck ...

yes, I'm doing the same - just working from common sense really - eating less, being more selective about what i do eat, and exercising more.. I can't be doing with planning, counting and all that!

Ive noticed the last coupple of days that i am looking at the calorie content on foods.

Im not calorie counting but noticed my activa yougurts were 136 cals each and i eat 2 in the evenings.

So today i brought the fat free which are..with out looking at the box about 86 so a great difference.

Just little changes like that make a difference.

Im off to have a read of your threads

GL this week:)

Pretty much, yes. I find with some things, I end up trying to see if I can find the loopholes. Like Slimming World says I can have as much pasta as I want on some days, so I will eat pasta until it comes out of my ears. WW I knew exactly how to get the most out of my points allowance, then stuffing my face with free foods. The only thing that works is eating less! I am using Slim Fast as a kick start ATM, but even then I am ad libbing, e.g. with a bit of red wine on a Friday night! ;)

Hi Emma i did slim fast when it first came out i lived on the premade shakes. I didnt realise lose but when i stopped i put much more on :(. I think its good to use some sort of kick start.

Mythread show how I dabbled with the diet, cutting down but not making 100% effort.

Im terribly laz and i have to find out the easiest way to do something...or find out there is not one that works then i submit to the next level.

Which ive started to do this week.
Thankfully i took on the exercise in week 1 so i havent wasted 4 weeks.

Ive learnt over 4 weeks what will happen if i dont do the way i know i should do it. :D

I just make some calorie counting to make sure I'm eating sensible calories. I don't have any meal plan I follow, I just try to eat vegan, clean foods. Plus, I drink 3-4 litres of water a day (including herbal teas), walk almost everyday and make some home workouts sometimes;)

x

I'm not calorie counting in any consistent way, but like you I am swapping foods for lower calorie alternatives, and eating the high cal stuff less often and in moderation.

Snacking is my downall, and I do like savoury nibbles, so I'm stocked up with cottage cheese (not the lowfat stuff, as I hate it, and the regular stuf isnt bad anyway) rice cakes, oat cakes, lean ham, pickled, gherkins, low fat laughing cow cheese spread and similar bits and bobs!

I find this helps a lot, as nibbling on cheese and crisps etc soon amounts to a lot of calories!

Yeah I rebel against diets and get quite annoyed at myself for having to hand over money to be told what to eat when the truth is I know exactly what I've to do and probably know more than the people who design the diets! :p

These last 2 years I've done my own thing and am still losing slowly but surely. Common sense and responsibility - I used to hand that to the diet expert, now it's all on me and I can't fool myself anymore. I don't exercise but have 55 -70 hours a week on my feet. I want to start exercising next week to move it up a gear. I just can't do another fat summer, I can't do it again, it'll break my heart. :(

Yeah I rebel against diets and get quite annoyed at myself for having to hand over money to be told what to eat when the truth is I know exactly what I've to do You hit the nail on the head there, thats my thought. Also unless the women/man is moing in with me im going straight back on the choclate train when ive left.

These last 2 years I've done my own thing and am still losing slowly but surely. Common sense and responsibility Totaly .

I just can't do another fat summer, I can't do it again, it'll break my heart. :(
Can relate to that 100% ive lost so many to the fatlands, im to hot to sit in the sun, im to exhausted to go out and enjoy company.

Im going to have a go at skipping next week.
Only a small amount but something to get the wobbles gone:)

good luck with the skipping - I don't have the co-ordination sadly! :)

Yes, another summer fat is not a good prospect - I hate being too hot, and hope I would find it easier if I was lighter.

Hi Sonya
Things are going ok, thanks for asking. Moods are good, positive thinking is thriving.

My goal was for 14st by the last day of March so i wiegh the morning of 1st April so i get the full month to exercise but today i relaxed instead... i wouldnt be much good on the biggest losser:D

How are you doing?
Your welcome to read my diary if you click The underlined blue sentence below:)

Well done on the positive thinking :)

Hope you'll have a good loss tomorrow x

Thanks Aline
I havent wieghed yet, i always wait a bit as last week it made a difference of a 1lb:eek:.

Im up as i have someone knocking this morning. I wil now go back to ZZZzzz on the settee. In the hpe i feel more rested when i wake. I feel like ive run a marathon!.:confused:

Back