I'm A Hungry Hippo

QueenSammi

Hi everyone, I've started slimming world and I'm 2 days into it and STARVING all the time, I just don't know what to snack on... Any ideas would be greatly received, all I can think about is munching on crisps :mad: xxx

Hi Sammi, I've been on Slimming World about a month now and the one thing I found with it is that I'm never hungry any more. That's what set it above other diets in my opinion. I'm not a big snack eater anyway but have you thought about cooked meats like ham or chicken breast? I'm a great crisp lover myself but have pretty much cut them out. The latest edition of Slimming World magazine has a full page with packets of crisps all over it giving the Syn value of each type if that helps?

Have a look at some food diaries to see what other people are eating and it may give you some inspiration.

Good luck on your journey.

Kev X

Sorry to hear that.

Are your meals big enough do you think?

I tend to snack on fruit or low fat yoghurt, but find I don't need to snack too much as my meals keep me full.

I've been freezing muller light yogurts and it's a gift. It takes at least half an hour to eat one. I also get ham joints from aldi and just cut up a wedge to eat when I'm bored. Or if your on green days cold pasta kept in fridge with chopped carrots and tomatoes and sweet chilly dipping sauce on ( count the syns ) and pick at it. I also have frozen veg soup in the freezer. Frozen grapes are like boiled sweets mmmm. Deffenately no need to feel hungry. Get your books out again and enjoy x

Thanks for the advice, I made a terrible curry for dinner and hated it but had a huuuuggggge bowl of fruit with yogurt and it was yum yum good. Am going to try freezing a muller light aswell and grapes. I did W.W years ago and found it a walk in the park but couldn't get back into it when I stopped so I'm just trying to get my head around all this.

Hugs & Kisses xxxx <3

If you want to use some of your syns for crisps then walkers baked all varieties are 5 syns on all three plans and 'velvet crunch' are very moorish and just 4 syns a bag. If I am having a chocolate day then Marks and Spencer Count on us chocolate mousse (eaten with a teaspoon) really sorts my craving out for just 4.5 syns. Hope this helps

I read someone's blog and they made Ferraro Roche using nutella and ryvita. Search for recipes. Anyway it was only 1.5 syns for 2 of these. That will fix a choco crave. And someone made a free on green day meal using spaghetti veg and eggs kind of like a Spanish omlet. If we just get our heads in gear and our shopping lists worked out it should get a lot easier.

Make sure to fill up on free food. When I started my portions were fairly large but gradually I eat less now. As a rule I eat a lot of veg and fruits. Also I make sure not to let myself become too hungry. If I do then picking start and I eat wrong food and go off plan.

Yeah vanessal we need to sort our shopping lists out. How are you finding it? There's a lot of research needed for us isn't there xxx

Rosie, I just don't know how I can fill up on fruit all the time (I don't really like veg) I really miss having a big bowl of cereal :-( xxx

Try having six smaller meals a day. So for example

1. Weetabix for breakfast
  2. Satsumas, banana, apple and babybel light mid morning
  3. Jacket and beans with salad for lunch
  4. Mug or two SF Soup mid afternoon
  5. Carbonara for tea
  6. SF soup for supper

Then have a pkt of crisps if you can bear to eat anymore. In fact I defy anyone to be hungry on that lot!

Seafood sticks are syn free on EE and cheap and cheerful - if you can stomach their synthetic pinkieness - which I CAN!!! lol

you could try cereal bars, two alpen lights as a hex b choice or they can be sinned at 3.5syns each?! you don't have to miss cereal as you can have it everyday as your hex b and just use your hex a for the milk?

you could try cereal bars, two alpen lights as a hex b choice or they can be sinned at 3.5syns each?! you don't have to miss cereal as you can have it everyday as your hex b and just use your hex a for the milk?

I'm pretty sure the Alpen Lights are only 3 Syns each :) just saved you half a syn :p

If you want a bigger bowl of cereal you can, but you just need to weigh it and syn it. I often save syns for a weetabix and a little milk or if you are doing a green day you can have two bowls as healthy bs and a's

Oh my god thanks so much for the link, I've just looked on it and I've been given so many good ideas already. I'm only day 4 into the diet so it's all still a mystery lol xxx

Back