I'm a little worried - need reassurance please

Boo

Silver Member
I've been having a good look around the WW threads especially ones about using the weekly allowance etc & I'm a little bit worried now as most people are using them.

I'm allowed 38 daily points but I'm at the end of day 3 & I've struggled to eat my daily allowance never mind the weeklies.
My leader told me I must always eat a minimum of 29 daily points if I can't eat my allocated points.
Each day I've managed 32 points, am I doing this correctly or am I doing something wrong?

HELP please! :confused: x

I'm sure it'll be okay for the first week, just don't get into a habit of eating not enough for weeks/months because its really not good for your body. Your metabolism will slow down to adjust (which is basically starvation mode) and you will struggle to lose weight later on down the track

have you tried adding full fat versions of food to your diet? x

A typical day for me is

Breakfast
porridge with skimmed milk

snack
2 x raw carrots & 2 x celery sticks

lunch
mixed salad with tomato, cucumber, beetroot, 1 boiled egg, full tin of tuna or prawns or crab sticks & salad cream; activia yogurt, apple, satsuma

snack
apple

tea
either WW meal with free veg & a baked potato or a chicken breast with steamed veg & rice.
Sugar free jelly

I don't drink tea or coffee but do drink 2 litres of water minimum per day & 1 500ml of pepsi max.

I haven't got a a sweet tooth so don't crave chocolate or biscuits.

Erm.......... what could I bulk my day out with? Any ideas.
I struggle with bread as I have IBS.

Any ideas appreciated. :)

fruit juice / yoghurt with brekkie?

Increased portions?

I wouldn't advise ready meals if you have ibs, I don't know how often you have them but I find they annoy my IBS. Make an actual meal rather than just meat/ready meal and veg. Bit o full fat butter in your tater?

Have a takeout as a treat to use weeklies? Alcohol (if you drink)?

orrrr maybe the simply filling plan would be more appropriate for you? (there's a few threads about it)

Full fat milk, Mayo, spread, drinks, crisps. I had to do this in the 1st week too - seems ironic! Good luck Boo x

Snacks that are high in good fats, such as avocado and unsalted nuts, are a good points booster

You really shouldn't be eating as much under your points as you are. In time your points allowance will drop and you'll miss the extra points- use them while you've got them!!

thanks for your ideas guys.

I use olivio spread as i can't stand those low fat ones.
I do have olives & sometimes I'll have nuts sprinkled into salad.

I usually only have 1 ready meal per week everything else I make fresh.

I struggle with red meat, pasta & bread - any one of these can trigger my IBS.

I do eat quite a lot of fish - usually baked or poached.

I'll see what I can do to bulk out my day for the next few days. xxx

does it work?

Does the propoints plan work for everyone? I really want to lose weight, I have set myself a smaller target (a realistic one) firstly just to try the plan to see if it does make a difference, like has everyone had some sort of results from it? :confused:

Some really good suggestions here. I wouldn't worry too much about it. First week or two you do have this extra self control and you do resist far more. I find that once those first couple are out the way I use all my points and miss every one I lose, says she that weighed in today and has had her allowance reduced!

woohooo sassia lol

how you doing today emma? x

Haven't done too bad this week so far. I've just about managed to eat my daily points but haven't used any of my weeklies & I've also earned 28 activity points so far this week! :eek:

I haven't denied myself anything this week. I've been pizza hut , I've had some crisps & I've had a piece of cake.
I've swopped back to semi skimmed milk to try & boost my points.

Its my first WI in the morning so we'll see........ :) x

mine too emma, usually have a big loss first weigh in but with me swapping from sw im not expecting a huge one maybe 2lb but would be a happy chappie with that. have a takeaway for your weeklies maybe? im out for lunch tomorrow after weigh in cant wait lol. x

good luck for your WI tomorrow mia.

to be honest I'll be happy with 2lbs off tomorrow as I haven't really changed my diet as such apart from cutting down on crisps. The only major change I've made is portion sizes.
My diet has always been pretty healthy in that its always been full of fruit, veg & salad.

I thought about having an indian tomorrow night to use my weeklies up - something like a tandoori. x

Back